76

The illusion demon was dead and the congregated demons all scattered, leaping and stumbling away in all directions.

The yin-yang fissure-less Jingyang Slope looked like it had just strained all of the demonicness with a filter. The mountain's crisp greenery, the light greens of the trees and the deep blues of the skies above all turned a few shades lighter. Normalcy returned to the skies and the earth.

The twittering of small birds flowed down the slopes; a dragonfly rested on the latticework of the window. The sounds all started to layer on top of one another, causing one's ears to feel irritated.

The thin and light canopy cover was slightly lifted and a barely discernible scent of soap floated in the air.

When he awoke, the canopy softly rubbed against his face.

He was in the Li residence, the room he had previously lived in before. His clothes had been changed and his wounds were also wrapped up. There was also a remarkably perfect thin quilt closely wrapped around him.

There was a period of rustling, the sound of cloth against cloth.

He turned his head over to look for the source of the sounds. The wet cloth sticking to his forehead slid aside and fell to the pillow.

There was a girl standing beside the window with her head sticking out looking about. Only her water blue back could be seen from inside.

She wore a peacock blue stitched jacket over her dress. Its collar was fuzzy and warm. It could've been that the inside of the house was too warm so she purposely only half-wore it. It only went to the curve of her elbow, revealing the thin, almost translucent silk upper coat she wore within, and the faint curves on her beautiful back appeared captivating.

Her jacket tugged upwards and her sleeve extended out the window and swept the outside of the window emptily, as if it were trying to show its intense anger at someone walking by.

Mu Sheng stared at her back without even blinking. He perked his ears up to listen and only heard the girl's clear voice, "I feed you corn three times a day yet you still make a fuss. You're not satisfied with building a nest anywhere but on the wall, aren't you afraid it'll get knocked over?"

A magpie stood by the window lattice, looking at her with its head tilted. It somewhat felt like it understood but at the same time, it chirped even louder.

"Shhhh. Don't be so loud--" She hurriedly picked up a piece of corn and threw it outwards, "Eat more and make less noise. You don't sound nice too listen to anyways."
The bird suddenly flapped its wings and dived down to look for food, its cries suddenly coming to a stop.

Only then could she let out a sigh of relief and close the window, turning around to return to the bed.

Mu Sheng immediately closed his eyes.

"Eh?" She walked to the side of the pillow and picked up the wet rag. However, she wasn't in a hurry to place it back in its place. On the contrary, she reached out to feel his forehead for a few moments.

After a long moment, as if feeling that her hand wasn't accurate enough, she pulled her face towards him while lowering her body.

The instant her warm and soft lips touched his forehead, the youth immediately stiffened and all the blood in his body rushed to the top of his head.

"You're not burning anymore." She let out a sigh of relief and rapidly got up to leave the room. She returned carrying a new basin of water and placed it on the table.

Without thinking, she lowered her eyes for a moment to find a pair of dark pupils staring intently at her, and it nearly caused her to jump from fright.