48

Ling Miaomiao was walking very slowly, limping as she walked. Even though the wound on her leg didn't hurt that much, the moment her right leg touched the ground, it would go numb for a moment, reminding her that she was injured.

Not being able to increase her pace made her so anxious, her back was drenched in sweat.

Don't get angry, don't get angry, it's all a ruse to trick the enemy... She continuously tried to build up confidence within herself as she walked. If she didn't make herself lame today, Mu Sheng would make her lame tomorrow... that's right, mhm.......

She followed the footsteps into the darkness. Into the depths. Gradually, the crisp sound of water gurgling started to fill the air.

Eh? There's actually a small creek in the forest.

In the next moment, a blurry and indistinct human figure in the water suddenly came into view. The moonlight illuminated the pure white hairband in his hair, reflecting cold but bright light in all directions. Only then did Ling Miaomiao recognize it, coming to a stop.

The temperature in the nights within the forest was extremely low, the creek water even more so. He sat motionlessly within the icy waters. His eyes were tightly shut and it appeared he had been sitting there for a long period, as frost had already adorned his eyelashes.

Ling Miaomiao watched him for a good while, pondering the situation in her head: Since the black lotus was taking a bath, why didn't he take off his clothes?

Beneath the Phoenix Tree, Princess Duanyang's hands shook as she once again pulled Liu Fuyi's head onto her thighs.

First, Mu Yao, a stabilizing force left. Then, the chattering, lively Ling Miaomiao left. Even Mu Sheng had gone off to who knows where.

There were only the two of them left in this forest. However, she didn't feel at all at ease.

On the contrary, she felt like the gloom and cold had become more prevalent, making her feel inklings of terror.

Even worse still, Liu Fuyi, who had been passed out in her arms for half a day, finally opened his eyes.

"Your highness.." His voice was somewhat weak. He took some time to slowly make out the face of the one before him before feeling that he was laying upon the young princess's thigh. Feeling that this was rather inappropriate, he struggled to sit up and straighten his body.

As an outstanding demon hunter, his capability to recover quickly was shocking.

A short scant moments after recovering consciousness, his physical strength and energy were quickly replenished to an acceptable degree.

"Brother Liu, you're awake..." Duanyang originally prepared an entire bellyful of words to say to him but as soon as he looked at her, she swallowed them all back down into her stomach. Then, she said a single line, voice trembling and only feeling like she was about to cry.

If she could, she really would have wanted to leap into his embrace and cry a good round.

The first thing Liu Fuyi did after waking up was to look around, inspecting the surroundings.

The area was silent to the point of being scary.

Not too far away was a firepit, beneath the tree was Ling Miaomiao's coat but she wasn't there.

The area was empty and deserted, there were only the two of them there.

He instinctively grew tense, his handsome face becoming suffused with a thread of vigilance, "Your highness, where's Yao'er?"