94

"What did that taoist say to Young Noble Zhao? Why did he leave Murong Shi behind and leave?"

"Yes, yes! It should have almost been time to give birth......"

Noises rose from below the stage, the audience was filled with righteous indignation, and there was wave after wave of chatter.

The old man raised his hand, signaling them to calm down, for those below to quiet down,: "The taoist only handed Young Noble Zhao a talisman paper and said to him, 'That Murong Shi is not an ordinary person, if you don't want to be kept in the dark by her and needlessly led astray, try this.'"

The stage was suddenly silent, and only the old man's voice rang out: "Young Noble Zhao immediately froze. He did not immediately go to Murong Shi, but looked at the talisman paper on the table and quietly recalled the past few years.

"He thought that in the twenty years he had lived, he had never seen a woman as beautiful as Murong Shi—— at least by his standards, no one looked better than Murong Shi. She was unpretentious, easy-going, and gentle in nature; simply like a snow lotus on a high mountain, untouched by the mundane world, even making him wonder from time to time how someone as naive as her had grown up so smoothly."

"He sat in his study for several days and developed a terrible suspicion: Was the Murong Shi he saw, the real her? Throughout his life, he hated women's disguises and pretensions, and Murong Shi seemed to be tailor-made for him, with every move to his liking. What if Murong's innocence and purity was a disguise from the beginning?"

"Young Noble Zhao was not a naïve person, he was born in a place where from the outside, it appeared bright and proper, but behind the beautiful vermillion doors, the inside was corrupt, and grew up in the center of the maelstrom of power struggle. Crafty plots and the resentment in people's hearts, he had seen plenty of it, so he was not afraid to speculate on reality with the greatest misgivings. This conjecture caused him to feel as if he fell through a hole in the ice, leaving him to feel that his yearnings for a better life had all shattered overnight."

"He began to recall over and over again his strong feelings for Murong Shi, from the day he first met her, his love for Murong Shi only increased, only fearing he would not be able to fully devote himself. Even for him, a conceited and proud person, he would have a feeling of inferiority in front of her."

"And his infatuation with her, was it real or not?"

"He panicked and thought back to whether the excessive love he had for Murong Shi was from his heart or was it a demon created by temptation?"

"He began to get annoyed. Our Young Noble Zhao, who has always lived a an unbridled life, what he wants in life is not fame and fortune, nor beauty, splendor, or glory, but only 'true', he feels disgusted paying respects to the powerful and noble, and for this reason he did not hesitate to bear the reputation of being
'arrogant and contemptuous.'

That being the case, how could he tolerate himself being tempted by a woman who used other mean to create false feelings within him?"

Ling Miaomiao finished solving the problem, and went behind the partition to boil water, took a bath, and changed into clean clothes, before taking a long breath, drying her hair, and returning to the room decent and comfortably.

"Ding-- System Notification: Favorability of target character Mu Sheng) has reached 95%. Please continue to work hard. End of notification."

For some reason, lately, she was very averse to the sound of the system favorability reports, always feeling that between her and Mu Sheng, two living people, it was grating to have a cold number inserted between then/defining their relationship, which made her feel sad inside.