Deathly stillness, cold, with only the sound of flames snapping, as if it were a ridiculous nightmare.

Today was the first day he tried drawing the reverse talisman with blood, believing that the talisman paper would just be a little stronger than the normal talisman.

His thin body trembled, his face as white as paper: "No, I wasn't ......"

It wasn't meant to be like this......

The woman's eyes smiled with satisfaction as she approached him step by step, "How well you've done. Look, isn't it so clean now?"

With his hand on the ground, he backed up with difficulty, the blunt pain in his chest pushing him. Like a small startled beast backed up in a corner, he stubbornly resisted: "That's not what you said......"

She coaxed him, lied to him, taught him the reverse talisman for a whole year......

It was only now that he finally began to understand.

At this moment, a thousand thoughts like swimming fish, desperately hit the bottom of the boat that was about to capsize, his chest was stuffy with panic, and he felt like vomiting. He bit his lips until he tasted blood.

"What did I say?" She fiercely pinched his jaw between her fingers and raised her chin towards the burning ruins, half pitying and half provocative, laughing softly, "Look carefully, those people were killed by you, what does it have to do with me. You repayed their favor with enmity. Seems they raised an ungrateful child, hm?"

Her gaze faltered slightly and landed behind him. She released her hand and murmured in a disinterested manner, "Looks like one slipped through the net.

He turned his head back quickly, Mu Yao, who had just returned, stood motionless in front of a piece of rubble, the girl was staring at a fire, her voice lost, her figure was so thin that it seemed likely to fall over at a gust of wind.

The woman pulled out an arrow from her sleeve: "Go and have a reunion with the rest."

The tip of the arrow was so sharp that it was almost invisible. The flash unique to sharp metal flashed across it. The weapon belonged to Mu Huaijiang and its power was enormous.

"Sister!" His heart almost leapt to his throat. He lunged at the same time as the sleeve arrow was fired, and it hit him in the shoulder with a cold wind. The two were knocked over by its force

Mu Yao came to her senses and pulled him behind her, her face was white: "Bai Yirong, are you crazy!"

Another sleeve arrow was shot, and the woman's chestnut eyes carried an icy smile.

"Mother......" He stretched out his arm in front of Mu Yao, either from the cold or from the poison on the sleeve arrow, his whole body was swaying, "Mother...... please don't kill Sister......"

"Mu Sheng, you have killed so many people already...... " the woman seemed to see something interesting, laughing gently, "Now, why are you pretending to be good?"

His voice had become hoarse: "Mother......"

"Who is your mother?" The woman's arrow shifted, aiming at his forehead, and the corners of her mouth were coldly hooked, "If you weren't useful, why would I have kept you alive until today? You should have died a long time ago, bastard."

The sleeve arrow burst through the air and instantly headed for his life gate. The moment the cold arrow hit his forehead, the air trembled and a large ripple spread through the air, as if an invisible hand had grabbed the arrow and wrenched it to the side.

Clack. The arrow fell to the ground.

"Little Sheng'er......" her voice echoed between heaven and earth, gentle, with a faint sorrow, and a long lasting echo.