Chapter 11 A Charmer and A Uniter

A cannon barrels toward the children of apocalypse Thales blocks it with a massive barrier of magic as the group loses their balance.
"Now isn't the time to fall stand up and fight we have a city to protect!" They all stand up as Yuri immediately comes up with a plan.
"Everyone fan out and secure the city help the guards repel Soma's forces Ash and the emperor will stay here and deflect any more barrages!"
"Right!" They all carry out the plan by engaging with Soma's men.
"Here it is finally a fight!" Seraphim yells out as she bursts forward taking a bit too much thrill in cleaving through soldiers.
Everyone spread out dealing with the forces inside as it was an uphill battle as they were outnumbered greatly Sasha was about to help when Astrid stopped her.
"A-Astrid! Is now really the best time for this!?"
"I know I know! But....promise me you won't get hurt okay?" She looked desperate Sasha could feel it even without her powers as she pulled Astrid into a hug.
"Don't panic Astrid we will make it back here all of us!" She was beaming with joy as she leaps off Astrid taking a moment to collect herself and hide her growing blush as Azura pats her back.
"Now isn't the time to falter Astrid not with so many lives at stake here.
"Thank you Azura I won't let everyone down!"  She leaps down to get control of her section of the city.

"Weak the whole lot of them!" At this point, nothing about Soma could be described with the same grace as before her movement was swift and erratic her blade just as much as she struck down anyone in her way.
"Stop uniter! You won't get past our spears!" Soma is stopped by a defensive line of spears from Hametsu's finest and surrounded as she laughs hard.
"Oh no, some pointy sticks! What am I going to do!" She summons a massive spirit Oni behind her.
"Oh wait I almost forgot I don't care!" A massive pillar of flame shoots up incinerating anyone nearby as Soma walks out unscathed walking into an empty market she can sense life is here but couldn't immediately see anyone until suddenly her entire body gets frozen in place as a trap springs up.
"Haha!" That is the last thing she heard before an explosion rang out.

A few minutes earlier.
Sasha was helping some civilians from the rubble when she got an idea.
"Uhm please wait everyone I need your help with my plan." The able people help Sasha set up a trap tying everything together and quickly burying it under the ground as a kid walks up to her.
"Uhm-excuse me miss."
"Hmm? What's wrong bud? Is someone coming?"
"No here." The child gives Sasha a horse toy.
"What is this for?" She looked completely confused as the child giggled.
"It's a horse a knight needs her horsy." Sasha goes wide-eyed as her heart warms up even more somehow.
"(Is this how Astrid sees me?....this feeling...a need to protect...she wants to protect me.)" She pats the child's head as they see the pillar of flame.
"Everyone run! Now!" She gets them all to leave as she hides on the roof quickly waiting for the force but she only sees Soma stomping through.
"Okay...this is it she just has to" Soma steps over the trigger on accident as she panics her eyes activating and making Soma stop activating the trigger as she cheers.
"Haha!" A massive explosion rings out knocking Sasha back as it draws some attention.
"Soma stopped lobbing shells at us."
"That explosion was close to the pillar Soma must be over there!" Ash leaps down as Thales tries to stop her.
"Dammit cousin... I won't let her live if she is gonna keep causing chaos." One of his men hands him a magic weapon as he sighs and follows Ash.
"Not bad squirt but it will take more than a few cans to take me down." Soma was surrounded by the spirit oni from before protecting her from the blast.
"Dammit! I won't let you hurt these people soma!" Sasha steps forward to face Soma readying her kunai.
"You are brave to face me alone after what happened last time we fought... Sasha was it? Because of you Ash left me for this place but that won't matter once I burn you all I will take her back!" She brings her blade down as Sasha teleports behind Soma kicking Soma in the back of the head She teleports rapidly striking and kicking Soma repeatedly as she combos her teleports every time Soma gets a good look at her she has already disappeared in a red mist frustrating the uniter.
"Enough!" She times it and grabs Sasha slamming her into the ground and throwing her into a stall as black flames begin to cover Soma.