2 ;

"Y/n??"

"Y/n?!"

You felt your shoulder smack against the passenger door from being pushed. You turn your head and look over at Annie, "y/n are you okay? You've been out of it since you got in the car." You thought about what you were going to say, especially not wanting to make anyone worry...it was quite difficult.

"I just didn't get a lot of sleep, I'm sorry. I must've zoned out." You lied, but smiled anyway and gently pushed Annie back. You both began to laugh turning around to joke with Sasha as well but she knew something was up, the way her eyebrow was raised at you said everything you needed to know.

You ignore the way Sasha looked at you while she waited for the real answer and turned back around to stare out the passenger window. You could see the blue ocean and it's choppy waves as the storm began to come closer to land, watching as the birds fled to safety and the restaurants on the beach began to close their outdoor seating.

Feeling your phone vibrate, you looked down to see Sasha texted you...

Sash
What happened?

You
Nothing, everything is fine. I'm just tired.

Sash
Please, something was weird when you came out of Eren's office 😒

You
I promise, nothing happened. Everything is fine!!

Your promise to Sasha didn't mean shit, you just kept lying and you felt guilty for lying to your best friends. You took your phone off of vibrate and put your phone in your purse, leaning your head against the window and closing your eyes.

30 minutes ago...

"Kill them all."
...
"I don't give a shit, I'm your boss. You listen to me."
...
"Just kill them."

You stood there and continued to listen to Eren's responses, they continued to get worse and more violent at whoever made him angrier as they spoke. Although, you admired him from afar - watching as his long hair swayed through the warm breeze...he was leaning over the balcony gate, his shirt was off and he was changed into sweatpants.

Looking back on it, this isn't the first time you've heard him speak like this. You knew he was dangerous, but flying out to save him so he wouldn't get himself killed almost made it seem like he was the one who needed the extra training from Levi. Not you.

You wondered what other parts of him he hid from you, and why? Did he really think you couldn't handle it?

You hear another voice, realizing Eren put his phone on speaker. Surprised he still hasn't caught on that you're right there, but he seemed focused on the conversation he was having. You continued to eavesdrop.

"Little brother, I think you should really rethink who you're questioning here."

Zeke.

"I told you what I wanted to happen already." Eren replied, he was annoyed. You could hear Zeke sigh on the other end, "this man helped raise you...I want no part in this bloodbath. I think you're being irrational, just come down here and do it yourself then."

"Irrational? Someone is telling everyone who hates me my whereabouts and I have no idea who it is. Someone who's in my circle, what else am I supposed to do?" Eren clenched his jaw as Zeke continued to speak, "I don't think killing everyone is the answer. So, if Hannes is first then who's next? Levi? Hange? What about your girlfriends friends?"

Hannes? Your friends? You began to pay even more attention than before, ending your admiration of Eren in that moment.

"If I had to, I would." Eren dryly responded. You furrow your eyebrows in disbelief and cleared your throat, catching Eren's attention. He quickly turned around and hung up the phone.