1

Six months ago
Y/N

The sun beamed through the window as you heard the waves crashing onto the shoreline, throwing the blanket over your face so you could pretend it was dark again and continue sleeping. It wasn't long before you felt the rough boops of Zeus' nose on your back and his small growls trying to get you to wake up. Rhea began to whine as her excitement grew as she woke from her sleep.

You let out a long dramatic sigh, "alright alright I'm coming". You stretch your body for a few moments releasing some tension and stand up on the cold dark wooden floors. You pet your dogs as they followed you to the bathroom watching you brush your teeth. Once you finished you turned to see their little tails wagging with even more excitement than 3 minutes ago.

They both bolt down the stairs the moment you opened the bedroom door as you threw on your black fuzzy slippers and shuffled down the stairs following behind them. They patiently wait for you by the back door to let them out and that's when you remembered that today was the day Eren was coming home from his business trip.

You unlocked the door and took out the safety bar on the other side of the sliding glass door and watched as they ran to use the bathroom in the small grassy area you have in your backyard. You took a breath of the fresh salty air and smiled, life has been pretty peaceful - it's almost concerning. A part of you is even more on guard because you're used to the chaos...but you're just trying to enjoy the quiet while it lasts.

You hoped it would last forever..

Zeus and Rhea both ran back inside and you walked over to the kitchen as you fed them first before preparing your own breakfast. Thankfully you showered the night before so you could easily start getting ready to pick up Sasha and Annie to help pick out her wedding dress. Six months before the wedding, and we've been to 10 different stores...today, 11.

You connect your phone to the speaker and begin playing some music while you began to dice up some red skin potatoes and season them. Since those would take the longest to make, you figured you'd do a little cleaning and maybe pick out your outfit for the day. You put the potatoes in the oven and set a timer for 35 minutes since the rest of the food will only take about 10 minutes to make.

Shirt - SZA

You turn on your roomba and begin cleaning the counters from the mess you made cutting the potatoes. Dancing around the kitchen and out to the living room to fix the pillows on the couch, and fold the blankets you left unfolded after falling asleep for a nap earlier yesterday.

As much as you sometimes missed having everyone around, it was times like those you appreciated your alone time and being able to just walk around in a long t-shirt and underwear while cleaning your house and making food. It was the simple and small things you began to love and be thankful for.

35 minutes went by pretty fast and the aroma of eggs and bacon filled the room as you prepped the rest of the breakfast, sitting down with a hot plate of food and scrolling through Instagram. Nothing interesting to see on your feed, except memes and videos of animals. It's almost like instagram heard your thoughts of wanting to keep life peaceful.

You close your phone and set it down while finishing your food. Rhea and Zeus' ears stand up and they both are on red alert, your heart drops to the pit of your stomach as you wonder what the fuck could possibly be happening at 9am on a Tuesday. Maybe you spoke too soon about it being quiet.

"What is it?" You whisper over to Rhea and Zeus, they slowly creep forward and you finally hear the beeping of the alarm getting turned off.

Eren.