"It is my greatest pleasure to meet an esteemed cultivator such as yourself founder Lan An. This man is called Lan QiRen." He used all his etiquette training as he kowtowed low to show his utmost respect for the person before him.

Both Lan XiChen and Jin GuangYao followed his example.

"Never would I have imagined that a day would come where I would personally greet the founder." A smile showing his amazement was seen on Lan XiChen face.

"Yes, it is truly a wonderful gift to have met you." Jin GuangYao tried to make sense of what was happening at the moment.

Why is founder Lan An here?

"The pleasure is all mine." Lan An laughed a hearty laugh. Happy that he got to see this generation's cultivators.

"Though..." Jin GuangYao started.

"It is quite a mystery as to why you appeared now when unexplainable things seem to be happening around."

A questioning look graced his face as he looked between XiaoYu and Lan An. The latter smirked at his inquiry.

(Oh shit he did whaaaaaat? Ahem ahem okay on with the story. :-D)

"You truly are a keen observer. Jin GuangYao son of Jin GuangShan and Meng Shi."

Jin GuangYao's body froze he began to panic.

H-how did he know my mother's name?!

"Relax. I didn't come for trouble. I am simply here to make sure XiaoYu gets through what's about to happen." A sullen look crossed Lan An's face as he stared at XiaoYu thinking about the pain he will have to go through in order to protect the cultivation world.

"What do you mean about that Lan Lan?" A confused XiaoYu frowned at his statement.

"What's going to happen?" Worried, Lan WanJi stood beside him. Ready to take action in case he sees something that might pose a threat to XiaoYu.

"You'll see soon enough."

Just as Lan An finished that sentence the ground began to rumble beneath their feet. The water in the pool began to ripple which later turned into a full-blown whirlpool. Everyone panicked. Trying to stable themselves against the rapid waves of the pool.

"Oh shit!" XiaoYu got dragged by the water.

"XiaoYu!" Both Lan WangJi and Song Lan screamed.

Lan WangJi was faster. He grabbed XiaoYu by the waist and held onto him tight. Stabbing BiChen onto the floor to stable them both.

"Are you hurt?" He looked down at the man in his arms.

Wha-.

His heart pounded heavily against his chest as he saw his soulmate's beautiful silver eyes staring at him.

XiaoYu's POV

Badump.

Badump.

What?

What's this feeling?

I looked up at Lan Zhan and I feel... warm. Yet I want to cry at the same time.

Oh wow.

Just how long are those lashes?

His nose looks so sharp.

And those golden eyes... I want to fall deeper into them.

Wait what?!

I caught myself thinking about things I shouldn't at a time like this. I can feel the heat rising from my neck to my face.