Chapter XIV

"Wen Ning"

Previously

“I don’t have one. I’m just a Guide.” He looked down at the ground.

XiaoYu could feel the loneliness the entity could feel inside and he could relate. He wanted to make him feel better.

“What about we call you…” He smiled at the Guide patting his head as he stared into his eyes.

“YiFan.”

Present

YiFan’s POV

‘A name… he just gave me a name.’

I’m so happy right now I think I might die. If that even is possible. Haha

No one has ever thought of giving me a name before. It’s nice…

“Oi! XiaoYu. You can’t just name him. He’s not your property or something.” This man named Song Lan interrupted my thoughts.

“What? It’s not like I gave him a horrible name! YiFan… ‘Sailing with the wind’. It suits him very well.” XiaoYu defended himself.

“Right YiFan?” He turned to me with a big warm smile. That’s it I just…

3rd Person POV

YiFan ran into XiaoYu’s arms as he cried out in happiness. Tears streamed from his eyes as he could no longer contain his feelings. Truly grateful of the man in his arms.

He cried like a child deprived of love, experiencing affection for the first time.

XiaoYu at first was shocked by the mans sudden hug but later on relaxed in his embrace as he ran his hands at YiFan’s back, trying to soothe his aching heart.

He knows when one yearns for love. He’s seen it in so many people’s eyes and he has seen it too with the people around him. Especially the new ones… yet he does not know who’s love they are seeking for…

“Come on. It’s okay.” XiaoYu held his face between his hands as he smiled at him.

“Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!” YiFan cried over and over.

“You’re welcoome!!!” He smiled happily.

Just when everything was so peaceful. Someone just had to ruin it.

“Ahem!” Xue Yang coughed loudly.

“Okay so I don’t understand what the fuck is going on right now but since we caught the guy XiaoYu is looking for can we go back to drinking now? I still haven’t had my fill of Emperor’s Smile.” He complained.

“Shut up!” Jiang Cheng smacked him in the head.

“What the hell was that for?!”

“That’s for being an idiot!”

“Why you-!”

“We need to go back to the Cloud Recesses.” Lan WangJi interrupted the on coming bickering.

“What, why?” Jiang Cheng questioned.

“I need to inform both my uncle and brother of the situation.”

“You’re right. He did say that a group of unknown men came and ruined his shrine. Yet no one knows of the arrival of these travellers. This musn’t be good.”

“SiZhui. JingYi. Go ahead towards the Cloud Recesses and inform them of our arrival with our guests.” Lan WangJi turned towards the Juniors.

“Yes, HanGuang-Jun.” SiZhui and JingYi bowed.