Chapter XII

"Oh F*ck"

"What do you mean he has a Golden Core?" Jiang Cheng was confused.

"Didn't you feel it? His Spiritual energy... So pure that it wraps you up like a warm blanket." Wen Ning breathed deeply.

"Yes, I felt it too. But..." Lan WangJi pondered.

"But what?"

"It's not the same. I can't quite pin point it. But... the feel is different." Lan WangJi looked at Jiang Cheng and Wen Ning trying to figure out what was missing.

"Wait! What do you mean he has a Golden Core? Doesn't he have one?" Lan JingYi butted in.

The seniors froze at this. Hesitation evident in their eyes.

"Uncle what's the meaning of this?" Jin Ling faced Jiang Cheng

"Nothing. Forget about it." He gritted his teeth.

"What do you mean forget about it? This is Wei WuXIan we are talking about!"

"I said forget it!"

"What are you hiding?!" Jin Ling went face to face with his uncle.

"You-!"

"This is not the time to fight." Lan WanJi

"I just want all of you to know... that there are things better left unsaid." He looked at all the juniors.

"Please let this go for now."

Conflict between wanting to know and wanting to help Wei WuXian clashes in their eyes.

But this can wait the person in the forest is the one who needs their help now. Not the one from the past.

"I won't forget this." Jin Ling bumped Jiang Cheng's shoulder as he passed by.

The Juniors followed him into the forest. Each one stared at their seniors with a disappointed look with the promise that they wouldn't let this go.

"Hmmm... Even until now you still have to hide behind Wei WuXian's shadow." Xue Yang stared at Jiang Cheng's eyes.

"Shut up." Jiang Cheng's grip on his sword tightened.

Xue Yang laughed as he went past him.

"Gongzi calm down." Wen Ning patted him on the shoulder.

"I know." He breathed out heavily.

"Let's go Wei Ying must be with the guide now." Lan WangJi ushered them into the forest.

XiaoYu's POV

I followed the two slowly. Figuring out why a guide was here and where was he taking the child... Guides don't usually show themselves so why now?

The two seem to stop at a small clearing. With a broken shrine in the middle.

Hmmm... That must be...

"You should learn how to conceal your presence from entities like me."

I got out from behind the tree I was standing at.

"Well I wasn't trying to hide anyway." I stuck my tongue out at it.

"I just plan to talk with you."

"Your sword says otherwise." He scoffed.

"What? A man can't carry a sword?"

"You're a man? I would have thought differently. Haha" He laughed.

"You-!"

"I'm just joking. But a man of your caliber doesn't need one."

"Hm?"

He smiled cheekily.

3rd Person POV

XiaoYu raised an eyebrow at that.

'So, he knows? Probably not.'

Just in time Song Lan and XingChen bursted from the forest into the clearing.

"XiaoYu!" They screamed.

"You!" Song Lan pointed his sword at the Guide.

"Song Lan don't!" XiaoYu held him back.

"I thought we were just going to talk?" The Guide frowned.

"We are!" XiaoYu panicked a bit. He could feel the entity before them start to put his guard up.

'I can't aggravate him. Things can turn out horribly wrong if he starts to feel overpowered.'

"It's just me and my friends here. They won't hurt you. Don't wor-." He tried to calm him down. When more people ran into the clearing.

"Qianbeiiiiii!!!" OuYang ZiZhen screamed.

"Wei- Qianbeiii!!!" The Juniors scanned the place with the seniors right behind them.

"So much for talking." The Guide glared at him.

"What?! Why me? I didn't do anything!" He cried.

"You! Get away from him!" Jin Ling ran towards the entity. Followed by the rest of the juniors.

"No! Don't!" XiaoYu tried to stop them.

And that's when all hell broke loose.

"Oh Fuck."

Kim's Note: Guuuuuuyyyssss! I'm sorryyyyyyy really!!! I havn't been able to pay much attention to this story. I've been really really busy with everything. Work life and all that shit. Plus 3 Storms has been fucking messing everything up.

So I really do apologize to you readers who have been waiting. And I'm only giving you this much right now.

I love you guys! I'm not abandoning this story or anything okay! I'll try my best!

Any request for the next chapter? Hahaha
Like and Comment if you enjoyed it! Thank youuuuu!!

Anyway, thanks for reading! Love you guys! :-D

Warning: Typographical and grammatical errors may occur.
These chapters are unedited so yeah. hehe