Chapter XVIII

"You called?"

Recap:

“Wait. Who did you just say taught you?” JingYi asked.

“Hm? Oh, my friend.” He smiled.

“Lan An.”

Present 3rd Person POV

“Lan An?” SiZhui asked

“Yes.”

“Maybe you’re mistaken. Lan An has been dead for hundreds of years.” Lan WangJi explained.

“Yes, you’re right he’s been dead for so long. But have you ever heard of the spiri-.”

XiaoYu was unable to finish his sentence as he was dragged into the cold pools.

“XiaoYu!” SiZhui screamed as he grabbed the other’s hand and was dragged with him.

“SiZhui!”

“Xiao-!” Song Lan was ready to jump after them when Lan WangJi stopped him.

“What?!”

“I know where they’re headed. Follow me.” He began leading them towards a cave.

With XiaoYu and SiZhui

*Splish* *Splash*

“Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!” A screaming XiaoYu emerged from a slide made of rock and ice.

*Splash!*

“Ack! Bleh! Cough cough.” He began thrashing in the water.

“Help!”

“XiaoYu!” SiZhui called him as he lifted the other up.

“Stand up! The water is only up to your waist.”

“What?” He stood up.

“Oh. Hehe. Sorry about that. Haha. Um…”

“Yeah. Okay. So…” He laughed awkwardly.

“Where are we anyway?” SiZhui asked.

“We seem to be… in the cold caves.”

“The cold caves? I’ve… never seen this place before.”

“Well probably because we were still like 3 years old when the Lans used this place to hide from the Wens.”

SiZhui visibly flinched.

“What?” XiaoYu looked at the other.

“Nothing.”

Tough skeptical he let the matter go. SiZhui seemed to be a bit uncomfortable at the mention of the Wens.

Maybe his parents died at their hands? Probably…

“How do you even know this place?” The other scanned their surroundings.

“I told you Lan An is my friend. And this is also the place where his consciousness resides.”

“The way you talk about the founder you seem to actually know him personally.”

“I do. Do you think I’m lying?” XiaoYu looked him in the eye.

A small smile graced his lips.

“No.”

“I do believe that you’re not. But he’s been dead for hundreds of years and trust me when I say that I’ve played inquiry for him many times in the past.”

This piqued XiaoYu’s interest. Why would a young man want to talk to a person that’s been dead for years. It would make sense that he played for a few times but from the look on his face he seems to have done it many many many times.

“Hmm. You’ve played inquiry for him. Why?”

“I…” A pause as a thoughtful looked crossed SiZhui’s face.

“I though maybe he’ll know the answer to the questions in my heart… but I never got any reaction in return.”

Sadness was emitting from his & XiaoYu could feel it.

“Well… maybe you were looking for him in the wrong place.” He patted the other’s shoulder.

“Wrong place?”

“Yeah. Why don’t you try calling for him now?  I’m sure he’ll heed your call.”

“How would y-.”

“I know. Trust me.”

XiaoYu guided the junior towards the table at the head of the cave.

He took out his Guqin from his Qiankun pouch and placed it on top of the table.

“Go on. Play.” He urged him on.

A deep breath and…

*strum*

A soft tune began to float through the air as SiZhui plucked the strings. Closing his eyes, he poured out his emotions into every note.

Calling out to the man he wants a confirmation from.

“Lan An… Please…”

*strum*

A few moments passed and nothing… He sighed.

“I don’t th-.”

“You called?”

Kim’s Note:
Hi guyssssss I’m back finalllyyy!

Okay this was short but don’t worry I’ll be updating again tomorrow. I just felt like dividing what could’ve been one chapter into two. I dunno just… trust me on this. Hahahahah
To everyone who’s been waiting I love you guyssssss thank you!!!

Like and Comment if you enjoyed it! Thank youuuuu!!

Anyway, thanks for reading!

Warning: Typographical and grammatical errors may occur.
These chapters are unedited so yeah. hehe