Once was an accident, twice was an unfortunate situation but more than that was no longer a coincidence.

All of the sharp Daoists sensed the demonic energy but found undecipherable scribbles and a peachwood sword left behind.

Marquis Qingyi was the currently beloved and favored Consort Zhao's own blood related brother. Her position was far from ordinary. The Taoists of the Celestial Bureau knew that he had run afoul of demons and rushed over like a flood to use their skills, using every imaginable piece of demon suppressing treasure and nearly completely burying Marquis Qingyi's residence.

Naturally, Marquis Qingyi wasn't happy with this.

Not only had his posterity been cut off completely, he couldn't do anything but stay on guard. However, the situation with his wife and children made him feel extremely hard-pressed. Every day he was busy feeding his son medicine, who still neared death despite everything he did. He looked for every doctor and famed physician to try to heal his son and as such, couldn't bother about too much for a while.

This demon that came and went without leaving a trace was just like a resentful banshee. At the same time, it felt like a fierce epidemic as it was transmitted to the Taoists within the palace. Every other day, another Taoist would have to be put into quarantine as they became infected. For a while, the Celestial Bureau was aflame with anxiety.

"The Celestial Bureau doesn't really know the cause or start of all of this but we know." Bai Jin slowly wiped off the water stains on the table, "This demon started at Wufeng Town and directly arrived at the capitol to target influential nobles and officials here."

"I heard that Wufeng Town originally had an extremely beautiful woman, a woman so beautiful that she could cause people to go into shock. However, soon after she gave birth to a son, her husband abandoned her and immediately disappeared. The day we went there, we also heard that there was a woman in Huazhe named Lady Rong, one that possessed beauty unlike any other." Bai Jin's forehead creased slightly.

"Mhm." Mu Huaijiang raised his head, speaking concisely, "I'm thinking the same thing as you are."

"Marquis Qingyi stayed in Wufeng Town for 6-7 years and Consort Zhao tried hard to hide the situation, but she didn't have any way to guarantee that he wouldn't take a wife there." Mu Huaijiang's tone was very flat, nearly completely devoid of all emotion. He pulled out some silver from his clothes and placed them on the table, "Betrayal, anguish and then revenge..."

He smiled at her then said firmly: "Lady Rong."

The melancholy within Bai Jin's eyes was thick: "I think it must've been Consort Zhao that sent Taoists to Wufeng Town to forcefully tear Marquis Qingyi and Lady Rong apart."

"She thought herself clever." Mu Huaijiang barely managed to keep his brows straight as a hint of contempt appeared on his face: "Imbecile."

Humans and demons both only had one life. However, one could say that humans were merely a short stop over for the demon. A demon's love was something a human could bear. However, a demon's fury and hatred was a different story as it was hard to say just how many more lives they might drag into the situation.

This Dowager Consort Zhao simply thought of herself too highly.

The two of them were quiet for a moment. Mu Huaijiang suddenly raised up his eyes as he tapped his fingers against the table, pondering: "Arson, poison, fearmongering... why do you think this demon won't make a move at all?"

"According to the reactions from the Soul Suppressing Bells, her demonic energy truly is quite thin.... I'm afraid that it's not that she doesn't want to do anything but rather... she can't." Bai Jin caressed the two bells trembling on her waist: "If she really is weak to such an extreme degree..."