He let out a breath of warm air, turning into white cloud in the air. His face touched against the side of the tub, beads of water sliding down the side of his face. His pitch black pupils seemed to glimmer with the faint reflections on the water.

In the moment not too long ago, he nearly immediately extinguished the candle by entering the room.

However he also felt that by bringing the bone-chilling killing intent, scent of blood and the wintry breeze into the room was completely inharmonious with the scene inside: Warm and cozy, a peacefully sleeping girl under the covers. He felt a deep sense of alienation.

This was the first time he so loathed the bloody scent on his body. Loathing the gloomy heaviness that hung around his body.

The deeper he became attached to her, the more he loathed himself.

Ling Miaomiao was on edge and anxious, finally making a small mistake: She accidentally moved one of the small bells by the corner of the bed, immediately bringing her to full wakefulness.

He had taken a bath and switched out his clothes for clean ones. It wasn't until midnight that he silently and almost imperceptibly crawled into the bed, softly laying down beside her.

However, this time he didn't reach over to pull her into his arms. He left a space between them the width of a person. He stiffly laid on his back then tossed and turned until he was at the edge.

What in the world? She felt irritated. She reached out and touched his skin. Then, she wrapped her arm around his waist.

Mu Sheng felt her arm wrap around his waist, slowly pulling him closer to the center of the bed.

The air around them was still permeated by the faint smell of blood. One that he couldn't wash away. His eyes flashed as he locked his gaze with hers: "Did I wake you up?"

"I wasn't sleeping." Ling Miaomiao looked at him, lying on her side. She used some force to pull him towards her, speaking in a soft tone: "Why are you hiding so far away for?"

The youth spun around and immediately pressed up against her, squeezing her between his body and the wall. He grabbed her chin as his eyes turned dark: "You aren't going to ask where I went and what I did?"

"What else could you have done." Miaomiao allowed him to pull her face as he wished. When she sniffed the faint iron in the air, she paused for a moment before speaking in a coquettish tone: "Murder and arson I suppose right?"

He couldn't help but kiss her on her soft and warm neck. It felt like he was urgently looking for consolation from her. His actions could not be described as gentle at all as his tone turned cold: "Afraid?"

Ling Miaomiao pulled his face upwards to look at her. She stared at his face in worry for a long time: "After the time you killed that water ghost, haven't I always been by your side spectating? Isn't it a bit late to ask me this now?"

She poked Mu Sheng's face, the smile on her face seemingly one that delighted in his conflicted feelings: "In any case, this isn't the first time you've done something like this. Why is it that this time you've become more unreasonable after coming back."

The youth lowered his eyelashes.

That's right. He had walked the world for so many years. He had been brash and conceited, his hands stained with the blood of countless demons. At the same time, killing humans merely took a moment and he never felt the slightest bit of guilt before.

However, why was it that when she hugged him this tenderly, he'd feel extreme guilt and self-loathing? As if he could never wash those things away?

Miaomiao didn't smile either, only lowering her head towards him with a sense of defeat filling her heart. She cupped his face then kissed his cheek softly. She cleared her throat: "I also killed a water ghost."