For the past few months, she had been living in self-doubt and with internal conflict.

"Yep, there's nothing to be afraid of." Miaomiao nodded, "Isn't he just he, what does it matter if he's human or demon."

"But......"

But you're different, you're his wife, humans and demons are different, in the end......

Liu Fuyi squeezed Mu Yao's wrist; she did not speak further.

Liu Fuyi then said, "Zhao Gongzi, is someone you also recognize. He is Dowager Consort Zhao's brother, Marquis Qingyi."

A white hair tie fluttered in the wind.

Mu Sheng's waist was leaned against the wall, his fingers pointing at the carved window, greedily tracing the outline of Miaomiao.

There was a slight rise at the ends of his upturned eyes, revealing a rare hint of warmth, and coupled with his peaceful profile, he looked like a warm piece of caressed warm jade. The dark eyes under the long eyelashes, stained with sunlight, reflected his internal chaos.

She said...... it didn't matter if he was a human or a demon.

With just this one sentence, it was like a dying prisoner was sentenced to probation.

Then, he saw Ling Miaomiao raise her head in surprise: "Marquis Qingyi?"

She was stunned for a few seconds. Those bright almond eyes blinked unnaturally twice; her eyelids reddened; and she quickly lowered her eyes, resembling a rabbit more and more.

"What's wrong?" Liu Fuyi was startled. Learning of a person's identity surprisingly surprised her more than learning of a demon's identity.

"Nothing." Ling Miaomiao's fingers were intertwined as she looked at the floor, feeling as if there was a hand in her chest kneading her heart.

Loved ones turned their backs, fathers and sons fought each other, the closest relatives stood at opposites, but could not recognize each other, only treating each other as foes, fighting with all their might...... How did they get to this point?

She lost herself in her thoughts again.

Had everything gone well, the black lotus should have been the little marquis of the Zhao family, living a life of luxury, surrounded by compliments and blessings, wearing luxurious clothes and growing up carefree.

Fulfilling his parent's hopes, his name, Ziqi.

"......" Liu Fuyi stared at her worriedly.

"It's okay." Ling Miaomiao waved her hand and said with a forced smile, "Brother Liu, go on."

"I once told you that succubus live within the mountains and forests, and once they stray into the world, they will surely invite disaster."

Ling Miaomiao nodded: "Is it because of the resentful banshee?"

"Not entirely." He paused, "Succubus are a natural existence, their demon power is vast, but once pregnant with a child, their demon power will be significantly weakened, and there's even a chance of losing their demon power."

He took in a breath: "Their children are to inherit ...... or rather, you could say, 'deprive' the mother of her demonic power."

Ling Miaomiao stared at him with unblinking eyes.

"If a male is born, the demonic power will be halved; if a female is born, the demonic power will be doubled. And boys are not considered as part of the succubus race, the demonic power they inherit cannot be passed on."