But what about the hair tie? Originally she thought Mu Sheng was using the power of the hair tie, but now it seemed that the hair tie was simply the gatekeeper.

The incense was burning quietly in the hall. The figure outside the window moved; the corner of his coat brushed the lush orchid and a long bud that had just been developed, rolled down to the ground.

The young man put his back against the wall, closed his eyes, trying hard to raise the corners of his lips, but his lips trembled, even a sneer could not be made.

As he had suspected...... He was half-demon.

He had such a background, but grew up in a demon hunter family who treated demons as their enemies. His hands were stained with the blood of countless demons, but in the end, he still could not be tolerated by the world.

He vaguely guessed his fate. But the moment it was finally confirmed, there was still a marrow-deep loneliness which rose up within him.

The past ten or so years had finally been judged to be a joke that was not even worth mentioning.

No matter which side it was, there should not have been an extra freak like him.

He turned around, through the gaps of the carved window, motionlessly looking at Ling Miaomiao's lowered face. His nails that were resting on the wall turned white, and the black of eyes was a swirling and trembling universe, extremely dangerous.

Now, his mask had been stripped, and the girl he loved finally knew his shocking and unspeakable truth.

He knew he had no courage to continue listening, even a mere frown from her would be like a heavy hammer felled upon him. But he could not take a single step away, a mad desire to see her reaction overtaking him......

Not daring to hope, but he could not help but imagine.

"Miaomiao?" Liu Fuyi was a little worried about her long silence, and leaned towards her, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Miaomiao lifted her head, her tone light and slow, like telling a story on a warm afternoon, "I was thinking."

Liu Fuyi was a little surprised at her overly calm response, "Thinking about...... what?"

She frowned, her voice containing a near inaudible sigh. Looking up, her voice still very soft: "I was thinking that Ziqi is pitiful."

The people inside and outside the house were silent together. For a while, the rustle of fallen leaves could be heard from the outside.

She then said, "Being human has the joys of being human, being demon has the dash of being a demon. But he is caught in the middle. Where should he go?"

The sunlight poured into the interior. The girl tilted her head, there was sincere doubt in her eyes, and then she fell into contemplation.

Mu Yao did not expect Miaomiao's reaction to be like this, and after a pause, asked tentatively, "Miaomiao...... is not afraid?"

Ling Miaomiao looked at her and asked in return, "Is Sister Mu afraid?"

"...... I've traveled far and wide and I've seen a lot, naturally I'm not afraid ......" her complexion didn't look good, "just... . just a little surprised."

Mu Yao felt that since Mu Sheng's outburst that night, she had become more broad-minded, and continued becoming more broad-minded, seeming to have given up. Not to mention a half-demon, even if he was a pure-blooded demon, could she raise a blade to cut down her brother who she had raised for all these years?

Even if she wanted to, she could not raise her hands to do so. And even if she were to hide away, adhering to the principle of "out of sight, out of mind", she did not want to face him directly.