"I like you a lot like this...." He could no longer maintain a placid tone and as his soft voice came out, he also slowly bent down and kissed her forehead.

Ling Miaomiao made a hidden sigh in her heart but didn't dodge him.

Forget it, she would just let him be this time.

—– She absolutely could not let him brush her hair in the future.

She lowered her head and found a brand-new bottle of combing water on the table. The bottle was exquisitely made and had a perfectly carved jasmine flower on it.

Wufeng Town's rouge was both delicate and elaborate. There was a wide variety of options and even the bottles themselves were much more exquisitely made compared to other places. This was a place where girls dreamed of.

Beside the bottle, there were several boxes of bright rouge laid out.

Mu Sheng couldn't bear to let her go and caressed her hair again. Upon seeing her staring at the table however, he couldn't help but speak up in a soft voice: "I also bought these for you."

Ling Miaomiao picked up one of the boxes with a bit of hesitance: "I've never used this shade of red before."

"Then why don't you try it on?" He was unconcerned, "Should I help you put it on?"

"No need!" Ling Miaomiao immediately denied him and stared at the mirror. She felt defeated as she realized that despite suffering for half an hour, her hair still hadn't been brushed.

This was the second day the main leads were staying in Wufeng Town. Liu Fuyi was extremely caring as he especially found a new residence for the two of them that wasn't too big. On top of that, he was already prepared for them to stay here for about 10 days to half a month.

The residence also had a small courtyard and it was many times more comfortable compared to the guesthouses close to it. However, there was a single downside which was that this residence had been abandoned for a long time. Thus, much of the furniture had to be newly bought and even now, the bed's overhanging canopy had yet to be set up.

The past few days, they all had gone their own ways, bustling and busily handling their own affairs. They all entered the marketplace and purchased all kinds of daily necessities. All of them in fact.

As a result of Ling Miaomiao wanting to trim some of her new clothes, her surroundings were all women. She shooed away Mu Sheng and quickly threw herself into the horde of madams and young ladies to pick and choose.

After properly making measurements of her clothes, it had already gotten late in the day. Ling Miaomiao turned round and round in the shop before choosing a new overhead canopy with extreme care. After everything was taken care of, she skipped her way back to the residence.

Miaomiao's steps were both quick and light. The canopy's fabric hung from her arm and she really felt like this was the most fashionable canopy she ever saw in this world.

It was a dark green color with a bit of the refined, traditional feeling to it. To the touch, it felt just like mermaid silk but it felt much softer than mermaid silk.

However, what was even more wonderful was that the shop owner mentioned the fabric was so translucent that it could even soften the sunlight passing through it, preventing one's eyes from getting stabbed at in the morning.

Who knew that the moment she sat down on the bed and started setting up the canopy, Mu Sheng's face would abruptly change: "What is this?"

Ling Miaomiao replied while smoothening out the corner of the canopy: "The canopy I bought."