"Is that so?" Mu Yao turned to look down the road, half doubtful of his words.

The man smiled mockingly, not happy with her expression: "Townspeople might not know where the Imperial City is, but they do know where to find the wine shops and restaurants."

The three of them thanked him and started to trod towards the depths of the street.

Wufeng Town was considered a small one and its population really wasn't that impressive. Even the port looked desolate. Yet, there was an entire road of wine shops and restaurants brightly lit, the streets filled with music and song every night.

In this town, hidden in the mist, everyone minded their own business in a drunken stupor.

They followed the two rows of bright lanterns on the side of the road but then Mu Yao suddenly stopped in place. She pointed at the sign board above them: "We're here."

Ling Miaomiao raised her head to take a look. Sure enough, there was a shabby, stained signboard swaying in front of the door. There were the two characters 'Huazhe' inscribedincribed into the wood in official script. However, there weren't any people at the door to welcome them. Other than that, there were occasionally groups of twos or threes that made their way into the building. It was clear that business was good.

Huazhe Restaurant had at least three floors. It was at least one size larger than both of the buildings beside it. From the still standing jade pillar, one could easily imagine how splendorous and majestic Huazhe Restaurant used to be. Now it was just a little.... run down.

The entrance and the signboard's paint were peeling off. The metal was rusty and the two carved lion statues on the sides of the entrance were even covered with algae. It all just looked like it was all in great disrepair. Even the hanging lanterns looked darker than the ones hanging in front of the other buildings. The entire building felt like an ancient relic out of place on a new street.

Mu Yao and Ling Miaomiao looked each other in the eye, their expression turning serious: "Let's go in then."

As expected of a place Liu Fuyi had chosen, it truly was out of the ordinary.

Following the winding corridor into the building, the skylight stretching from north to south cast down a dark, cheerless night sky. The lanterns hanging in the corridor flickered like dim stars, continuously spreading their glow as far as they can reach. Mu Sheng scrunched up his brows.

It felt like originally, at the side of the corridor, there had been many swaying silhouettes. Clothes fluttering and fragrances permeating in a slow, sensual dance paired with light music. It was like the splendor of life was roaming around.

However, upon taking another glance, he only saw the silence of night and a desolate entrance.

"What's wrong?" Miaomiao looked at his face.

"It's nothing." He retrieved his gaze and stared into her eyes that flickered with the reflections of the dusky yellow light. She looked softer than ever.

Miaomiao paused for a moment before lowering her voice, "If you don't feel comfortable, just say it."

His pupils lit up for a few moments before he saw her nod at him.

The scenery on the path they took was rather cheerless. It felt as if the restaurant's funds were short and was in the state of desolation before it closed down. Until they walked all the way to the main hall, where Ling Miaomiao finally felt her impression of the place chance —-

The restaurant's grounds were covered to the brim with people, all creating a loud and lively ruckus. Goblets were clinked together and conversation filled the air. There was a thick stench of liveliness that filled the air along with the fragrance of wine and food that struck them in the face. It completely shattered the somber and cheerless mood they had been immersed in when they entered.