86 (End of 3rd Volume)

Start from the beginning

Ling Miaomiao was lying down and disheveled, but he still remained upright and sitting, tense, not unlike how he usually sat while sleeping and leaning against a tree with his eyes open. He was unmoving, seeming to be frozen by the frost-like moonlight.

Outside the window, a thunderstorm raged, and the fast-falling rain showers beat against the windows, making them creak and rattle.

He gazed up at the top of the dim red canopy, lost in confusion, waiting for the dawn.

This poisoned sweetness really only lasted seven days. Seven days was too short, passing by in the blink of an eye.

After dawn, would this all shatter, or would he face resentment?

All of it, he accepted the consequences, it was what he owed her.

But if she wanted him to let go, there was no chance.

Careful fingers tentatively felt upward like crawling insects until they touched his legs. After a little bit, her chin followed to rest on him. He was like a person who had frozen while sitting, and suddenly regained a bit of feeling.

The girl blinked in the darkness; her voice was crisp: "Are you going to go back to sleep or not?"

"..." He suddenly lowered his head, Ling Miaomiao also sat up and stared at him. Under the moonlight, her eyes were clear and bright, glinting with an unconcealed sneer.

"Miaomiao..." The teenager's eyes were dull for a moment. He reached out to touch her face but she tilted her head to avoid it, and her eyes were shooting daggers.

He suddenly froze, feeling like a bucket of ice water had been poured over him.

——Was she released from the spell early? Or...

She laughed grimly, sizing him up for a while, her smile full of mockery: "You like hearing me say, 'I like Ziqi,' so much. Shall I say it to you a few more times?"

His face suddenly paled; his round pupils pitch-black and moist, his whole person like a soap bubble popped in one jab.

She... woke up long ago.

The past few days of humiliation, control, captivity, all displayed before her. His contemptibleness, lowliness, all completely exposed to her...

His fingers began to tremble uncontrollably.

In this instant, the original situation was turned on its head and tables had been turned.

He was on the losing end of the situation, once again facing a crushing defeat.

Ling Miaomiao saw him solidify into a still, his eyes filled with swirling currents, wet black pupils full of panic, seemingly as fragile as a paper man. Upon seeing this, she no longer had the heart to mock him further despite the anger which she had held in for seven days.

She took off the outer robe and jacket which were still hanging off her arms completely, threw them aside, and quickly dug back into the warm quilt.

She did not... did not fear him...

Mu Sheng barely managed to pull his wits together in the midst of his chaotic thoughts, he sat rigidly, a shiver of joy creeping into his heart. His long, delicate eyelashes trembled, seemingly unsure: "And you... were still willing to marry me..."

"Don't think too much." Miaomiao interrupted him, removing the heavy accessories by her temples and laying them down on the side. She laid down on her let-down hair and turned her head towards him, her eyes shining brightly: "When you die, I'll marry Brother Liu."

As if a bucket of cold water had been poured over his head, the young man's face gradually changed. A slight trembling took over his body.

"So," her eyelashes fluttered slightly, eyes sleepily half closed, and her voice was clear and crisp. He couldn't tell if her warning was ironic or serious, "You better cherish your life a little more; don't die."