A cry of surprise caught in her throat.

Without warning, she was turned over and pressed beneath him. She tried to get up while panicking but her legs were trapped by his knees and the bones in her lower calves were aching.

Her wrists were tightly grasped and pressed against the side of the pillow. She almost couldn't get her words out, "Have you turned mad..."

His lips suddenly came down and she jerked her head to the side. Coming up empty, he then violently gathered both of her slender wrists together, held them above her head, and used a hand to pinch her chin.

"You...You..."

The young man's eyes were closed and the curvature of his eyelashes was faintly visible in the dim lighting.

Ling Miaomiao was so angry she couldn't speak. Even though this person had their eyes closed and was unable to think properly, they were still able to do everything so accurately and meticulously that she was unable to resist...

His lips came down again. His aim was a tad off, resulting in his lips landing on the corner of hers.

Ling Miaomiao stopped moving, her heart thumping fiercely. He was cold from head to toe, exuding a melancholic plum blossom fragrance. Only his lips and palm were hot.

He was strong and with him pressing her down onto the bed and pinching her chin, she was scared into a shivering lump with no way of escape.

But who would have thought that, the kisses which fell on her lips were unexpectedly soft. Each kiss felt like dragonflies touching the water, and they didn't give the feeling of plundering but rather... trying to please.

Despite having taken great advantage of her, he seemed to be very timid.

Only then did she calm down from her panic. Her face was burning up and their breaths were entangled when she suddenly heard his voice sound in the dimness, still seeming to be sleep-talking, "Will you always be with me?"

"....."

She merely hesitated for a moment but with that, his kisses abruptly turned violent and he even lightly nipped her soft pink lips.

"...Yes!" She agreed in a moment of alarm.

"You will never leave?" He continued asking in a low husky voice.

She blinked, "As long as I am in this world...I will never leave."

Only after hearing her promise did he finally lose consciousness and collapse to her side.

The black cloud outside the canopy dispersed at once, revealing the bright lovely moonlight.

From now on...whether it be in heaven or on earth, there was only this person left.

She was the shore on the other side.

As well as the harbor he could return to.

Ling Miaomiao was awakened by the morning song of the birds. The sun had fallen on her face, hot and stinging through her eyelids.

She couldn't open her eyes and languidly turn herself over...

Her mind immediately cleared. She sat upright and grabbed the quilt which was covering her.

The quilt covered her completely, the canopy was lowered, and there wasn't anyone around her.

For a moment, she felt a flash of fear. She pushed the canopy to the side, scrambled to the edge of the bed, slipped her bare feet into her shoes which were on the floor, and stuck her neck out to look around.