Dead like him

Warnings: blood, mentions of death, dark thoughts

Word count: 283

Synopsis: After losing someone who meant the world to him, a man starts to lose touch with reality.

🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙

You're not that person anymore.

No matter what, Cinder couldn't escape the thoughts. Of course he wasn't the same person he once was. That person died with Reece.

He died because of you.

No, not because of him. Reece was headstrong and protective of those he loved. Those he loved. He only loved Mattie. Mattie was the reason he died.

You are Mattie though.

Cinder slammed his hands onto the counter. He. Was. Not. Mattie. Mattie was a rude punk no one liked. Mattie was a selfish drunk who only did things for others if he got something out of it too. 

You're blind to who you are.

He wasn't the one who was blind. It was everyone around him. He was Cinder. His nose started bleeding. The blood dripped into the sink. But it was the black color of demon blood. The blood he knew was flowing through his veins.

If you're so sure, then why don't you look in the mirror?

Blood was silver. Not black. Cinder looked up into the mirror. Into stone gray eyes. His eyes were blue though.

Do you see it now? 

Mattie looked back down still scrubbing the blood off his hands. Black demon blood. The blood that came from Reece while he was holding him. 

You're breaking, Mattie. Cinder isn't alive.

No, not anymore. He hasn't been for a long time. Mattie turned off the water. It was no use.

You can't wash Reece's blood off your hands just like you couldn't wash Cinder's.

No. No, he couldn't. Mattie sighed and walked out of the bathroom.

Cinder is dead.

He was the cause.

Reece is dead.

He was the cause.

You are always the cause.