The silhouette of Mu Yao's slender figure, which seemed frail and lonely, could be seen through the door. The gaping hole left by Liu Fuyi's absence could not be filled with any amount of his company, it would only be like playing house.

Her world was one he had never been able to enter. And for that same reason, he had always been alone.

As he walked, he was unable to restrain himself and walked to the neighboring room, knocking on the door.

It took a long time for her to open the door, revealing Ling Miaomiao's face framed by messy hair. Upon recognizing him, she immediately widened her eyes, "Didn't I tell you to go comfort Sister Mu? Why are you here?"

She had only cracked the door and had her head stuck out, looking around. It was an obvious attitude of rejection. He couldn't help himself from pressing on the doors, the look in his eyes dark, "Can you please let me in?"

"..." Ling Miaomiao backed up a step, and let him in with an innocent look on her face. He looked around the room, the inside was simple like standard rooms of the future generation.

She had gotten cold from the wind blowing outside and rubbed her arms as she followed behind Mu Sheng. " It's the same as your room, what's there to look at?"

Mu Sheng shot a look at her, walked over and closed the door, "Were you sleeping?"

The girl had already walked to the dressing table and was bent over in front of it while fixing her hair. After hearing his words, she froze momentarily before replying back hesitatingly, "...No. I...I was just reading on the bed."

"Reading?"

She raised the canopy and pulled out a thin book from beneath the messy quilt. She blinked at him with her large eyes and explained embarrassedly, "It's too cold outside, so I... so I read it under the covers."

When she reached the climax, she also... rolled around a few times on the bed.

Mu Sheng glanced at her, then back at the book with the blank cover in her hands.

"Uh, I found a very interesting book." Excitement was written all over Ling Miaomiao's face. "The waiter downstairs lent it to me."

The young man came closer and quickly flipped through the pages. His face contorted, "You..."

An unceasing torrent of words came out of Ling Miaomiao's mouth, "This book is about a young man who is secretly in love with his teacher. However, his teacher was totally unaccepting of homosexuals. Then, the young man used the carrot and stick method, cajoling and pestering. After failing to take his life twice, the teacher begins to realize his feelings towards the young man. Then they go through various hardships before finally ending up together..."

Mu Sheng's black eyes flashed, but he had all his attention focused on her face which was flushed from excitement, "And then?"

"That's it, I only read up to there." Ling Miaomiao couldn't stop smiling, "Do you like it? I can lend it to you after I finish."

"...Sure." He was still staring at her face.

"..." Ling Miaomiao froze, nearly biting her tongue.

Just now, she was making things up on the spot. What kind of straight guy would read this kind of book? She thought he'd walk away in disgust but why was the black lotus not playing by the rules.

For a while, she was at a loss for words. After recomposing herself, she bent over and pulled out a pomelo from under the table then struggled to get it on the table. Her eyes sparkled as she spoke, "Okay, let's eat fruit."