-Eichen House-

Stiles, Kira, and Lydia tried to get the door open. While Scott talked to me. "Are you going to be okay in there", Scott asked me. "Yeah. Why", I said. "You just seem a little off", Scott said. "I think we're all a little off", I said. "Maybe some of us more than others", Scott said referring to me. "Wait. What wrong", I said. "When the other Chimera, Lucas, when he came after us, you had you look on your face like you wanted him dead", Scott said. "I also think I might have stopped you from killing Lucas", He said. "He trying to kill you, though? I mean, was just using self-defense", I said. "It was more than that", He said. "I mean, you nearly caused him a seizure", I said. "Maybe I had no choice. There's gotta be a point where self-defense is justified. Tracy killed her own father. And Lucas would have killed you", I said. "They're not the bad guys. They're the victims. We shouldn't be killing the people we're supposed to save", Scott said. The gate opened. We signed in and the receptionist told to put all items in the container. Kira and Scott had to stay in the waiting room because of the mountain ash. Lydia, Stiles, and I headed to Valack's cell. But before Valack I swear I saw Donovan. "Tell me what you just saw", Valack asked.  "Me", I questioned. "The creature in the previous cell. The Sluagh. The myth is that they can take on the appearance of the lost souls that have become inextricably bound to it. Happen to have seen any lost souls, Mr. Stilinski", Valack said. "Everyone down here", I said. "Don't give up on us yet. We're all works-in-progress", Valack said. "Where did you hear that from", Lydia asked. "Wise words from a former cellmate", Valack said. "Did you bring the book", Valack asked. "Very nice. First edition. Of course, there was only one printing", Valack said. "There is no T.R. McCammon, is there", Lydia said. "No", Valack said. "You wrote the book", Lydia said. "That's right, Lydia. Maybe 

you've already guessed that it's not just a book", Valack stated. "What is it", I asked. "A tool. Designed to open your eyes", Valack said. "To what", Stiles asked. "To them. The Dread Doctors", Valack said. "Why did you use a pseudonym", Lydia asked. "I had a professional reputation once. I wasn't interested in ruining it by putting my name on a second-rate piece of trash", Valack said. "Then why write the book in the first place", Stiles asked. "You haven't read it yet, have you? I wrote it because no one believed me. Because no one listened. They're here, aren't they? In Beacon Hills", Valack said. "What are they", I asked. "Not entirely human. At least, not anymore. They were scientists once. Scientists who worshipped the supernatural. Tesla said, "If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration." They found their secrets in electromagnetic forces. Ways to prolong their lives, give them power, and most importantly, making you forget you ever saw them", Valack explained. "What do they want", Lydia asked. "Good question, Lydia", Valack smiled. "Everybody wants something, don't they", Valack said. "Okay, so what do you want", Stiles asked. Valack reveals a mp3 recorder and places it on the cell door. "Hit record", Valack said looking at Lydia. "What do you want me to say", Lydia asked. "I don't want you to say anything. I want you to scream", Valack said. Lydia took the mp3 player. "No way. Not happening. Sorry", Stiles said snatching the recorder out of Lydia's hands. 

"He's the only one that knows anything", Lydia said. "The guy is a nut-job who drilled a hole into his head. He's probably lying his ass off", Stiles said. "How many have died so far? All of them teenagers. Am I right? Want to know how many died the first time they came here? Wonder how many will die if they succeed", Valack said. "This did happen before", Lydia said. "And now they're back. All because a few teenagers, who never even considered the consequences, decided to reignite a supernatural force they barely understand", Valack said. "The Nemeton", Lydia said. "How do you even know about that", Stiles said. "I know because I saw it", Valack said taking off his headband revealing a hole in his head. Then the lights started flickering. "Who did you come with", Valack asked. "Our friends", Lydia replied. "What are they", Valack asked. "Don't answer", Stiles said. "You brought a Kitsune", Valack said. The lights exploded. We all jumped. "What's happening", I asked. "She's disrupting the building's defenses", Valack asked. "What do you mean? How", I asked. "It's not just the mountain ash that keeps this building secure. It's the electromagnetic energy. Eichen is built on the convergence of Telluric currents. Ley lines. It's what allows it to keep certain supernatural creatures in. And certain others out. They knew you were coming. They're here. And you unlocked the door for them", Valack said. I could sense them coming. "Guys we better hurry", I said. "Hit record. Do it now. It costs you nothing", Valack said. "But it's worth something to you, so you're not getting it for free", Stiles said. "What does the book do", I said. "Tell us", Stiles said. "I told you. It opens your eyes", Valack said. "How", Lydia asked. "It triggers the memory centers of the brain, clearing the fog and bringing the images of the Dread Doctors into focus. I wrote the book in an effort to find out if anyone else like me had ever seen them before. 

I thought I could circulate it, an effort to trigger someone... Anyone else's memory. They'd see the cover, a hint of memory...They pick up the book, read it. The suppressed memories surface, and they'd find their way to me to discover more. Just like you did", Valack explained. "Did it work with anyone else", Stiles asked.  "You didn't see it on The New York Times best seller list, did you", Valack said. "So all we have to do is read the book", Stiles asked. "If you've seen them, if they've done something to you, then the book will help you remember. Now give me what I want", Valack said. Lydia took the mp3 recorder and screamed. "Now tell us what they want", Lydia said.   I could sense them coming closer. "Guys, I think we need to get out of here",  "What are they trying to do", Lydia asked. "Read the book. Anyone who's come into contact with them", Valack said. We started running because they were coming closer. We ran into an empty room. I covered my mouth. I could feel them coming closer and closer.