Humid air slowly moved down the sides of the fissure. The vague scent of earth, plants and roots filled the air, even a hint of fragrant jasmine could be found.

Mu Sheng was forced into a corner. He nearly fused into the darkness, only the watery shine within his dark eyes reflected any light.

He thought to himself that he had to be hallucinating. That was the only way he could be smelling her scent.

The sweet fragrance in the air was especially obvious. Cold, clammy liquid soaked his shoulders and when the youth turned the corner, he felt like he saw stars for a few moments.

Unwilling to reveal the slightest weakness, he silently leaned against the wall and used it to rest for a few precious moments.

The illusion demon's urges were stirred from the sweet scent of blood in the air. The dark qi flowing out of her body became ever more billowing. She looked very much like a malicious spirit with disheveled hair.

After she went berserk, her attacks became a complete mess. Oftentimes, she would unleash a great amount of power towards the air, the dark air just like a massive net stubbornly trying to cover the mountains and seas. It was as if she was trying to smash this fish that escaped its net into a complete pile of mush.

Her throat trembled, "Mu Sheng, you've massacred half of all the demons in the yin-yang fissure! Did you not think of how this power could possibly bite back and devour you completely?"

However, the person before her still hung a provocative sneer on his face. It was as if the person who had been forced into a corner was someone else, not him.

Mu Sheng tilted his head and looked at her. His eyes, decorated above by long slender lashes, slowly suffused with a dark killing intent, "Unfortunately, when I was killing those demons, you weren't there."

"What an arrogant tone." The illusion demon coldly smiled, "Have you always been like this?"

Mu Sheng completely paid no attention to her as he played with his hairband. He smiled, "The last demon who said that to me is already dead."

Although his hand was trembling, there was not a single hint of fear nor dread in his heart. This was the third time....

It seemed like there was a light flashing in front of him. Mu Sheng inadvertently raised his head and saw a small familiar metal band falling from the sky. It wasn't the one he had thrown himself.

That Demon Restraining Circlet's power was completely lacking but it landed upon the illusion demon's back without her going on guard against it, catching her off guard.

Suddenly being struck by an object, the illusion demon was unable to react. Then, she carelessly brandished her arm and swung backwards.

Naturally, she missed. A rabbit-like figure dodged the sword attack as they made an arc through the air followed by a billowing skirt. Suddenly, Mu Sheng felt weight upon his chest and a girl had already landed in front of his eyes. Their eyes met. The girl in his arms gasped for breath while her bright eyeballs stared at him.

There was still steam wafting off her face from her short journey. Her fragrance was faint, just like the blooming flowers of spring.

Upon realizing whose face this belonged to, he felt a surge of anger go through his body. He was so angry he felt his forehead become numb. Before he even had the chance to react, he already started spilling out scoldings, "Why did you come back down here?"

However, other than his angry shock, there was also a thread of shameless joy. Just like a small plant breaking out through a small crack on the ground and reaching up into the sky.