Miaomiao burst into laughter but knowing that they were still in the underground palace, didn't dare to be too wanton. She immediately covered her mouth and lowered her voice. Her bright eyes flashed with complacency: "Aren't I smart?"

"........" Mu Sheng watched her as a complicated emotion filled his eyes.

She mischievously pushed him with another question: "Why didn't you hide from the rain?"

The youth took away his gaze and turned. "...... I'm sending you up."

According to the original book's settings, the illusion demon was born of the heavens and earth. It was a paragon of an enemy for them. Other than using Liu Fuyi's cheat of a Nine Mysterious Demon Restraining Pagoda to completely annihilate it in a single move, they could only allow the demon to beat them up.

The main leads couldn't deal with her so they could only hide. Mu Sheng also understood this reasoning. He wanted to hurry up and send her out of the fissure, to get away from the current predicament.

"Ding—–System Notification: Character 【Mu Sheng】Favorability has increased to 85%. Please continue to work hard. End of notification."

"Ding —– System Notification: Mission One, bonus mission of segment 3 out of 4 is starting. May host try your best to convince character 【Mu Sheng】to save character 【Liu Fuyi】. End of notification."

Ok' was on the verge of leaving Ling Miaomiao's mouth but with those mental intrusions, she immediately swallowed the words. She was completely immersed in the huge shock brought about by the two notifications.

In the original story, the blackened Mu Sheng leaped down into the fissure to save his sister. However, Mu Yao stubbornly wanted to steal back Liu Fuyi's heart. No matter what he tried, he couldn't get her to leave so Mu Sheng had no other way except to take her place and save Liu Fuyi.

However she didn't expect that while going through the plan, which could be considered the original body's plot, was now inexplicably given to her. Could the system be giving this to her as punishment for changing the plot?

She thought of the illusion demon, who should have been currently stuck in a formation, unable to freely move about yet wasn't. She felt like her heart sunk down in her chest. Originally she thought herself clever and tried to change the plot in order to alleviate some of the hardship Mu Yao would suffer. However, she had overreached her ability and overestimated herself, subsequently landing herself in muck. Could Sister Mu Yao have been too greatly injured? To the point that she could no longer complete this mission?

She immediately shook her head. She pointed at the tightly closed door behind the screen, "Sister Mu is still stuck in there."

Mu Sheng followed her gaze and his expression darkened, "I understand. You go up first. I'll bring my sister closely behind."

As soon as he spoke, he started to pull Miaomiao's arm. However, he saw the girl anxiously pull her sleeve out of his hand, shaking her head like a rattle drum, "I'm not going. I want to stay here and save Brother Liu."

"......" Again. He felt a surge of stuffy anger flood him. However, he still managed to force down the fire and speak in a cold tone, "There's no point in you staying here, you'd only be a hindrance."

Ling Miaomiao's dark pupils were glimmering as bright as a star in a clear night sky. Her face was full of confidence. "Then you'll help me save Brother Liu?"

Mu Sheng scrunched his brows and pursed his lips for a long pause. Then, he spit out word after word like he had been frozen. ".....why should I?"

In actuality, he and Liu Fuyi had no deep grudges or hatred between them. They had mutually supported one another all along this journey and there was still a bit of sentiment between them, even if it was only a smidgen. Let alone that he knew of how much his dear sister depended on that man, he would not have given up on him. However, now that Ling Miaomiao's face was full of uneasiness and skepticism, he felt a fire raging within him. He felt like he was nearly about to explode and couldn't help but want to throw all of his hatred and resentment onto Liu Fuyi.