"This is gold silk candied jujubes, they're good for enriching the blood."

"My father said that if you eat jujubes every day, you would look healthy and not age at all."

"Leave it to eat for later."

Her cold fingers fed him a jujube before domineeringly sealing his lips, not allowing him to reject this sweetness.

Rays of sun fell from amidst the towering bamboo grove, like wisps of candy, and the birds twittered out noisily. Her fingers remained on his lips, under his soft kiss.

His wet hair clung on his cheeks, the rainwater trickling down his face. His mien looked a little pasty, and his lips started to tremble quietly and unconsciously, under the extremely low temperature of the dark night.

He silently placed a candied jujube in his mouth and savored the slow spread of sweetness in his mouth.

It was sweet.

His black eyes flashed and he looked at the starless night sky.

In his view, countless drops of rain fell from the azure dome of heaven. Flickering silver lights looked just like ten thousand falling needles, about to turn the earth into a massive hole-filled sieve.

He endured the darkness and cold. Then, he licked the corner of his lips, finding some of the remaining sweetness.

The fissure would definitely open once again.

***

"It's probably raining outside."

The small pot hummed as the medicine within bubbled. The chinese medicine was complex in smell but contained a clear strand of the smell of blood. Ling Miaomiao held a fan as she bent over fanning the fire in a rather clumsy manner. She had ash all over her nose.

"How would you know?" Mu Yao's eyes were lowered as she wrapped up the wound on her hand. Her face was still somewhat pale, but there was still a gentle smile on her face.

"I felt like the ground shook quite a bit today." Miaomiao stared at the fire of the stove with great resentment. She waved the fan in her hands in quite a jittery manner, causing the fire to shake back and forth within the stove.

Humans did not like living underground for a reason. After not being able to feel sunlight on your skin and the bright azure sky, one's heart would easily become affected. Ling Miaomiao had only stayed in the underground palace for 4 days yet she realized that she had become increasingly irascible.

The structure of the underground palace was completely identical to the Li residence. It could also be that the illusion demon had only ever lived within the Li residence so it thought that all human houses ought to look like this. Thus, she just blankly copied it and created a residence in its exact image. She also stayed in the same room she lived in the past.

However, this underground world was just an exquisite fake. Even if it was made with more immaculate care and detail, it could not compare to the one in the real world.

In comparison, Mu Yao exhibited extraordinary endurance.

The conditions the illusion demon laid out were extremely unfair. Not only were they continuously summoned all day and night, she even forced them to watch Liu Fuyi at her beck and call, even if he was a puppet at the moment. It was very ambiguous and she even made Mu Yao give a little of her blood everyday, to be turned into medicine for Liu Fuyi to drink.

Ling Miaomiao could sense the female lead's outwardly soft but inwardly unwavering disposition: She not only agreed, she even managed to endure the last few days. She restrained the pain that seemed to twist her heart in all directions as she expressionlessly waited for an opportunity.