Miaomiao hurried to listen to her but only grasped a part of her words. She hastened to recite out the entire chant when she suddenly noticed a small row of characters carved into the top of the slender circlet. In the past, she hadn't looked at it closely and thought the complicated indents were just for decoration.

Miaomiao felt cold sweat as she looked over and realized that —- this line of characters seemed like they could be matched up to what Mu Yao had just said.

Mu Sheng had written the chant onto the Demon Restraining Circlet he gave her.

..... Beautifully done!

Her tightly knitted brows loosened and the circle in her hand was released. It flashed with silvery light and knocked over a whole host of the puppets in a moment's notice.

She had her back against Mu Yao's back and somehow actually managed to hold them off for ten minutes.

However, the puppets were already being controlled and didn't have any intelligence. They also felt no pain. They would only follow the commands their master had given them, even if they lost their leg or arm they would still climb back up and continue swinging their shovels at them.

Miaomiao watched the horde of zombies missing arms and legs here and there, surging forward and felt her eyes blur.

Her furry collar concealed the sweat rolling down her neck. She couldn't endure it anymore and pulled open her collar. If she had known that she would be making so many strenuous movements, she wouldn't have worn her autumn lined jacket!

"Miaomiao!" Mu Yao blocked for her as she shouted in an anxious tone, "Don't use the Demon Restraining Circlet, they're all normal people. They were just turned into puppets... don't accidentally injure them."

"Oh...." She could only let the Demon Restraining Circlet return to her hand.

Harming the innocent truly wasn't appropriate. However, if they were to only depend on Mu Yao, she wouldn't be able to protect the two of them, let alone the fact that the workers surrounding them were growing in number, the number of talismans left in Mu Yao's possession were quickly dwindling.....

She really felt like she was about to turn bald from worry.

"Bang——" A fireball suddenly erupted and the dark cloud of bats were all blasted into pieces as they suddenly dispersed. The Demon Restraining Circlet flew about rapidly in the air, preventing the remaining bats from approaching. Mu Sheng broke away from the besieged position he had been in, but his eyes were red and a hint of malevolence filled his pupils.

He watched the illusion demon's face, silently panting for breath. Then, he reached out to touch his hair.

"Ah Sheng!" A familiar voice seemed to erupt through the air like lightning, causing his hand to freeze.

Mu Yao dealt with the horde of workers while turning around to stare at her younger brother's face with a fixed gaze. Her tone seemed to be nearing a berating tone as she shouted, "What are you trying to do!?"

"Sis....." The youth froze in his position. His gaze seemed to shatter as he looked at her face, helplessness seemingly taking his body.

His eyes seemed to turn as he saw that the two of them were surrounded by an unending horde of spade wielding workers. The circle around them seemed to be shrinking constantly and they were already on the verge of being unable to hold out. His gaze suddenly turned into one of thick, pure killing intent. He reached out for his hair band, his wronged tone carrying a hint of stubborness, "Sis, I want to protect you two."

"I don't need you to protect us!" Mu Yao's eyes were like crystals, shimmering like the surface of the sea. Her tone turned increasingly cold as she gave him a heavy warning, "Mu Sheng, mother helped you tie that hair band on you, not to let you untie it!"