Mu Sheng didn't plan to speak nonsense with her and leaped into the air without warning. His headband also fluttered in the wind as he flew up, trying to leap past the fissure to attack. However, who would've known that the break in the earth would grow increasingly wide and the two on the side would grow further and further away. No matter how fast he flew, he couldn't reach the other side.

He turned around and landed atop the crown of a tree. The Demon Restraining Circlets spun in agitation around his fingertips as a cold killing intent suffused his pupils.

"You want to kill me?" The little girl's eyes filled with demonic qi, shone with a teasing look, "I am a naturally born illusion demon. All of Jingyang Slope, from the hills to the rivers, are free for me to manipulate. With a flip of my hand, the clouds will come and with a single palm I can summon the rain. Even if you possessed unimaginable power....." She smiled, her little lips as red as blood, "It'd still be useless."

Mu Sheng's dark pupils looked at her in silence as the tips of his fingers shook.

"I am the head of the Mu family, Mu Yao. In the path that I've taken, I cannot count the number of demons I've slain." Mu Yao's voice was high-pitched but the ends of her words shuddered. Her eyes that looked like glazed glass, reflected a thick silvery moonlight color. "If you offend my Mu family, we will cross any sea and travel any distance to slay you. Let go of the person in your hands."

"What an arrogant tone." The illusion demon shook her head while clicking her tongue. Her gaze, hidden from the moonlight, shone down on Mu Yao for a long time before she happily laughed, "How about.... You look behind first?"

Miaomiao felt a shiver go down her spine and her back felt cold. Immediately after, she saw dark figures that seemed to be formed of dark clouds.

When she turned around, there was a massive crowd of people clothed in darkness. There were men and women, old and young. The worker's faces were all ashen and their gazes all blank. They held clubs and sticks in their hands with spades resting against their shoulders.

They.... Were all the illusion demon's puppets.

Mu Sheng felt that something wasn't right and his gaze sank. Immediately after, he turned around and flew towards her. However he was too late as a countless number of pitch black bats flew out of the undergrowth to trap him. It was almost like the youth was swallowed by the tide.

The illusion demon smiled, "Don't be in such a rush, Mu Sheng, I prepared something especially for you."

Since Miaomiao had started doing the system's missions, she had never encountered a situation similar to this one, where they met an enemy who was right behind their backs. Her heart leaped. At this moment, Mu Yao's cold fingers suddenly tightened around her own hand. She lowered her voice and said, "Don't be scared Miaomiao, we can get away."

Miaomiao was stunned and then smiled at her, "Mhm, Sister Mu, I'm not scared."

Before she even finished speaking, Mu Yao pulled her behind her back to protect her. Mu Yao extended her hand and a row of talismans flew out from, suddenly knocking down and injuring the front row of puppets.

Soon after, the workers behind them waved their spades and charged up to surround them. Their numbers grew increasingly high and they surged over like the tide, encircling them in a tight circle.

Miaomiao slightly scowled at this scene then stuck close to Mu Yao's back, close enough to feel her sharp butterfly-like shoulder blades. She pulled off the Demon Restraining Circlet on her right wrist and held it tightly within her hand.

"Sister Mu." She lowered her voice and asked, "What is the chant to control the Demon Restraining Circlet?"

"......" Mu Yao couldn't be bothered to think about why she would suddenly ask her such a question and just directly blurted out the chant into her ear.