Everyone was well aware that the reason behind Madam Shi's discomfort was most likely the work of the talisman which was used to drive away evil spirits. Once she let down her guard and walked out of the room muddleheaded, she'd be trapped by the Seven-Kill Array outside her door and become a sitting duck for them to capture.

All they had to do was keep it secret and bide their time.

Ling Miaomiao had bruises under her eyes and her mind was still groggy.

She hadn't expected the two pots of shaodaozi3 she had taken from the kitchen were so strong. In addition, Mu Sheng did not follow the script and instead drank out of the same pot with her, stealing the pot from her, and drinking with her until she blacked out.

Liu Fuyi had gotten up early but did not see anyone. He then knocked on the door, but no one answered. He then proceeded to push open the door, only to have the living daylights scared out of him upon being met with the shocking sight of Ling Miaomiao sleeping like the dead on Mu Sheng's bed. Quickly, he scooped her up, fed her a bowl of hangover soup, and then began to shake her shoulders.

As soon as she opened her eyes, Liu Fuyi nervously asked her, "Last night...were you alright?"

She was still in a daze with her hair like a bird's nest. "Huh?"

"How could you drink so much? A'Sheng didn't bully you, did he?"

Sir Liu, you should watch your words."

The young man stood by the doorway with his arms crossed, his shadow cutting a long and willowy figure. His shining black eyes stayed on her face and with a mocking look, he told her, "Miss Ling came in the middle of the night to my place to throw a drunken fit. She cried and clamored as she hogged my bed. Exactly who was bullying who?"

"..."Miaomiao's eyes widened.

"Miaomiao, don't use so much combing water, the room is clogged with the scent and if you smell too much of it, it'll make you nauseous." He ignored the stupefied look on Liu Fuyi's face and threw a smile full of ridicule towards Miaomiao before turning around and entering the hall.

This meal was eaten with everyone deep in their own thoughts. All of the people at the table mechanically moved their rice into their mouths and the delicate refreshments seemed to be tasteless, so much that they were difficult to swallow.

As Madam Shi was ill, Li Zhun's spirits were low. So he gave an apology before leaving the table in advance, saying he would return to look after Madam Shi.

When he was ill, Madam Shi also looked after him tirelessly. And now that she was ill, he had no heart to jovially chat with his guests.

Madam Shi's room had a talisman posted on it, turning it into her cage. It wouldn't be right for an innocent person to go in again. Just as Liu Fuyi wanted to stop Li Zhun, the nanny suddenly appeared from behind the screen with Chuchu in her arms. "Master, you should take a look at the young lady. The young lady refuses to take her medicine!"

Beads of sweat covering the nanny's cheeks could be seen as she carefully handed Chuchu over. The little girl's lips were purple and trembling. Her eyes were half closed and her face pale.

Li Zhun anxiously asked, "Chuchu, why are you so disobedient? Why don't you take the medicine?"

"Daddy..."