For some reason, he remained still, allowing her to raise his face and calmly asked, "Who should I like?"

Suddenly, Ling Miaomiao burst out into a brilliant smile and a light bloomed within her eyes. "You should like me, like someone similar to me, who'll raise you to be tender and round.

She began laughing again, shaking the bed excessively.

Sure enough, she really was drunk, babbling on about a bunch of nonsense like that.

All of a sudden, a gust of wind blew by his ear lifted his hair. As his defenses were lowered, the girl's face came down without warning, laying down a soft, chilly kiss on the side of his cheek before disappearing in the twinkling of an eye.

Mu Sheng froze in place, a roar sounding in his ears.

His face was about to burn up. She even added fuel to the fire, using her fingers to stroke that place back and forth, over and over, as if trying to wipe off the residual lip rouge. She sighed, "It's a shame, I've set my heart on Brother Liu. In this life, I'm not fated to be with you—— But it's okay, sometime later, I'll introduce you to another good..."

As the second half of her sentence poured into his ears, he pushed her down onto the bed. The girl sank into the soft pile of quilts and bounced once.

"Why are you pushing people, you're shameless." She knitted her brow and scolded him fiercely. She pulled up the quilt, rolled over and fell asleep on the bed.

"Get up, go back to your own room." He held her by the waist and dragged her out. His heart had suffered a fatal hit. His temples throbbed and a roaring sound echoed through his head. But there was one thing he knew, He had to stay away from her.

If he continued to listen to her, his heart may have gone and blown up, right there and then.

Ling Miaomiao clung to the canopy, "I won't go! This bed is softer than mine, I want to sleep here!"

He gritted his teeth. "Then, where shall I go?"

"Go, go sleep in mine!"Her eyes had closed, her eyelashes quivering with impatience, and she pointed at random, telling him, "Opposite from here, opposite, hurry and leave, stop bothering me."

He stood by the bed, looking at the messy bed which had been thrown into disarray by her. Her fair ankles were revealed below her iridescent ruqun2 and lay on the quilt. He tugged at the quilt but wasn't able to pull it out from under her. The quilt had gotten caught between her legs.

......

His cheeks abruptly lit on fire. Swiftly, he picked up the robe which had been left on the table and dove into the room opposite.

Birds chirped, calling out to each other from outside the window without end. They practically sounded like they were arguing.

When they had breakfast, they only saw Li Zhun. There was no sign of Madam Shi.

"Is the madam's health a little better?"Mu Yao asked indifferently.

Li Zhun had a worried look on his face and seemed distracted. "I'm not sure why, but Madam Shi had a splitting headache and tossed and turned the entire night. I only fear that she'll need to rest in bed today as well.

He took a sip of tea, deeply troubled. "I don't usually see her experience headaches or fevers. How come this time——"

Liu Fuyi nodded. "Brother Li, don't disturb her for now. Let her sleep for a little longer."