A look of realization fell upon Miaomiao's face.

Normally the congregation of three women would be extremely lively and cheerful, but Mu Yao wasn't good at this kind of situation. From the start, she never really spoke. As a result, it was only Madam Shi and her talking.

"System Notification: Character 【Mu Sheng】 Favorability has reached 75%, please keep up the good work~"

Miaomiao was distracted by the sudden notification that popped up, her head turning into a mess. Using the excuse of taking a sip of tea, she started to question life: Mu Sheng was staying all by his lonesome without even seeing her, how could his favorability possibly increase? 2

....... What in the world was he doing in his room?

By the time her thoughts winded down, Mu Yao had started to ask questions, "Madam Li, 3 might I ask where your maiden family is?"

Madam Shi warmly replied, "My maiden family... is close to Lingqiu. My maiden name was Fei and I was the tenth daughter in my family. My neighbors called me Madam Shi."

"Lingqiu......." Mu Yao scrunched her brows, "Madam, you and Li Zhun met one another in Jiangnan. The distance between Lingqiu and Jiangnan, one is in the north and the other in the south, did you......"

"Oh, when I was young I went out to travel and experience the world." Madam Shi smiled, her reply completely watertight. "I left Lingqiu, and learned what I could while on the road. I followed some great shamans and learned some superficial knowledge. Originally, I planned to settle in Jiangnan to open a clinic to make a living."

Naturally, this plan to open a clinic fell through as Madam Shi was married into the wealthy Li Zhun's family.

Mu Yao continued to ask, "Madan, when did you meet Young Noble Li then?"

Ling Miaomiao felt like she was sitting on pins and needles as she listened, wishing so much that to just remind Mu Yao that her tone of voice was just too tense.

It didn't sound like she was chatting, but more like an interrogation. However, Madam Shi maintained her friendly demeanor the whole time. A smile still hung on her face and she very smoothly replied to Mu Yao, "When I met Ah Zhun, he was still very young....."

The corners of her lips curled up slightly, her expression somehow both nonchalant and melancholic. It was as if she was seeing past the layer of emptiness before her eyes and reliving the countless memories of many years.

"How young?"

Madam Shi suddenly recalled herself: "Oh, back then Big Sister Fang was still here and Chuchu hadn't been born yet. They were very intimate.

Every night, they would hold hands and go out for walks. Ah Zhun would ask Big Sister Fan, 'Do you think the child in your belly is a boy or a girl?'. Big Sister Fang would reply with, 'I'm guessing that he's a boy as handsome as you.' Ah Zhun would smile then rub her stomach while saying, 'I also want a daughter that's as beautiful as you.'"

She looked somewhat sad as she lowered her eyes, tone softening, "Afterwards, Big Sister Fang would always sit in the courtyard by herself to cry as her body was never well."

Mu Yao slightly narrowed her brows. She felt like there was something off about Madam Shi's story but she couldn't immediately place her finger on what exactly was out of place.

"Afterwards, she gave birth to Chuchu. Big Sister Fang passed away due to her dyspnea flaring up in the midst of childbirth. I saw Ah Zhun carrying his child everyday while sinking into sorrow."

Madam Shi paused for a moment, "Chuchu also had the same condition as her mother. I worked hard to learn medical skills all for the sake of helping Ah Zhun. Two years after that day, Chuchu's dyspnea suddenly erupted. The wet nurse looking after her was somewhat negligent, so she nearly lost her life. Fortunately, I managed to arrive on time....."