Mu Sheng looked into her eyes that sparkled like gems under the moonlight. His fingers silently clenched within his sleeves. Alright, fine. She tried so hard to avoid being suspicious in front of Liu Fuyi, she didn't even dare call him by his name.

Ling Miaomiao couldn't help but shiver in fear as she looked at his emotionless face. She roared inside her head: Hey! Why are you pissed off again!?!?!?!?

After the arc of Jingyang Slope began, Ling Miaomiao had only received a single notification from the system: Mu Sheng's favorability towards her was stuck at 70%. If one used 50% as the dividing line between like and hate... he should have a slightly good opinion of her..........

It should be a good opinion. Yes.

Then why did he get angry when she sassed him!? When she praised him, he also got pissed off??? When she said the wrong things, he would get angry but when she said kind words, he would also get pissed????

Unable to understand the youth's heart, Ling Miaomiao could only suffer every second and minute for it. She felt like she couldn't make a single move, lest she suffer.

They were both lost in their own thoughts. It was only Mu Yao that seriously answered her first question, "This is a yin-yang fissure." 2

"What is a yin-yang fissure?"

Liu Fuyi answered, "Jingyang Slope is surrounded by four mountains. This is a naturally formed depression. Depressions in the earth are places that contain the meaning of 'gathering'.

Tens of thousands of villagers were buried here and the yin qi is extremely dense. At night, demons will congregate here. Jingyang Slope in the daytime versus nighttime are two completely different places. That's why it's called a yin-yang fissure."

Mu Yao stopped in front of the river.

Jingyang Slope had two little rivers snaking through it. The one before them was the bigger one. Clean, spring water flowed over lichen covered rocks. Some were as tall as a human, some were as numerous and small as pebbles.

They weren't submerged and the water danced chaotically through them. In the day, this was what they had stepped onto carefully to cross to the other side of the bank, these small pebbles and boulders.

Now that it was nighttime, the water level had risen for some reason, but not enough to cover the rocks.

Ling Miaomiao lifted up her skirt to cross but Mu Sheng blocked her, "Be careful, this is an underground river."

Miaomiao felt her heart shudder a little. She had nearly forgotten the difference between night and day in this place.

"Just like water demons and sirens, they love to hide in the water and come out at night to absorb yin qi. Before the sun rises again, they leave."

Who would've thought that the small river whose surface reflects the moon would actually be the body strengthening mineral bath water for all kinds of demons........

She couldn't think of how the others would deal with them. In any case, she had no way to deal with them. She could only impatiently look towards Liu Fiyi, "Brother Liu, then how are we going to cross?"

Liu Fuyi thought for a bit then smiled, "There's no other way. You can't get wet so I'll carry you over."

She nodded, about to walk over to him when a cold, wintry freezing voice came from behind her, "Miaomiao, come here."

Ling Miaomiao turned her head and saw Mu Sheng standing a few meters away from her, staring at her. Below his murky lashes, his watery irises were suffused with a cold light. However, upon switching his gaze to Liu Fuyi, his fury seemed to be doused.