Part 26: Exams Part 2

reader pov

As soon as we entered the arena, Sero found high ground to scout the area. I looked around the floor to find any possible weapons I could use. "The gate is that way," Sero said while pointing straight ahead. "Midnight is guarding it."

Sero flipped his mask down and gave me a piece of tape to cover my face if needed. I thanked him before we split up and charged toward the gate. Once I got within an unsafe distance, I put the tape on my mouth and nose and slowed down. I poked my head around the rock I was hiding behind to see Sero fighting with Midnight. He was fighting her from a range so he could use his tape as a weapon. Seeing as Midnight was distracted I snuck by and went towards the gate. This, however, did not work as well as I was expecting. 

Oof! I fell to the floor, tripping on Midnight's whip. She smirked down at me with a sadistic look in her eyes. I cowered in fear, feeling like prey under the watchful eyes of a predator. "Naughty child, trying to sneak past me. Come, join the fun," She said with a snap of her whip. 

Isn't this a high school? This is a bit, odd. But at least the plan is working. As long as I can keep her distracted, we have a chance. I kept the act of a scared kid, shaking on the floor. I "tried" to get up, falling back down almost immediately. Midnight kept chuckling to herself and stalking towards me, snapping her whip with every step. 

She stopped a few feet in front of me and reached down to grab my mask. Just as she had pulled it off Nezu said "Sero and Y/n pass!" Midnight looked up in shock and looked around. She sighed and gave me her hand, helping me stand up. 

"Good job, kid." 

*** 

"You're all set to go, sweetie," Recovery Girl said with a smile and a big smooch on my cheek. She handed me a lollipop and walked over to Sero. I only had a few scratches and I never used my quirk so I didn't really need to see the nurse, but Sero insisted I get my cuts cleaned. I'm just glad Recovery Girl finished in time for me to watch Mina's match. She's up against Nezu, which doesn't seem too hard.

***

I was wrong, All Might isn't the strongest teacher here. Nezu beats him by a long shot. I feel so bad for Mina, she worked so hard, and now we won't be able to go to summer camp together. I rushed over to the nurse's office and enveloped Mina in a hug. 

"I'm so sorry," Mina said, tears threatening to spill. "I really wanted to go to summer camp with you."

"It's okay, we can always hang out before and after camp," I replied, kissing Mina on the cheek.

"Promise?" She looked at me with big pleading eyes. 

"I promise," I replied, wiping away the few tears that escaped. Mina beamed and kissed me back on the cheek. 

"You're the best, Y/n."

A/n~ How much longer should I continue this story? They aren't together yet but we are getting close. Another question, should I keep using Y/n or would you guys prefer if I switched to (Name) instead? Have a good day/night my owlets~