Part 17: Sports Festival

Y/n pov

"To sum it all up," Aizawa interrupted the loud blond who was our English teacher, "UA will be holding a sports festival next week."

Everyone started chatting all at once. They were excited after all.

"The UA sports festival gets watched by all the hero agencies!!" Deku yelled in the corner.

"I'm so excited to show off," Mina chirped to Denki and me.

"You don't seem all that excited Denki," I commented.

"I guess not... We just went through a traumatic event but no one seems to care..."

"Yeah, but isn't that why we should do this," I asked. "To cheer everyone up and prove to the public that we can handle this?"

"Yeah! So come on Denki, cheer up," Mina yelled, wrapping her arms around the two of us. My face turned as red as a tomato and Denki snickered. I elbowed his gut and pulled out of the hug.

"We should train together," Sero said, grabbing the rest of the squad's attention.

"I'm in if these two are," I said.

"I'll drag bakubro!!" Kiri yelled, smiling as the angry blond yelled threats he would never go through with.

"We should train at my place," Mina said. "I've got tons of land and equipment!!"

Everyone agreed and I went back to staring out the window.

***

I rolled out of bed, dread and excitement coursing through my body.

The sports festival begins today. This day could change my chances of becoming a pro-hero. I have to do my best!!

The second I walk into the classroom, Aizawa takes us to the locker rooms and have us change.

I waited up for Mina and we walked out last. As everyone gathered Aizawa gave us a talk.

"Now, I'm not going to say that this is all for fun. It is important to enjoy yourselves but also to try your best. The strongest pro-heroes will be watching your every move today. How well you do today will determine your career opportunities throughout your whole life. Now get there and show them what class 1-A is made of!!"

Everyone cheered as we ran out to the field. Once all the classes were in the field, Midnight called up the representative.

"Bakugou Katsuki!" He walked up as everyone stared with wide eyes and jaws dropped. How did this douche become the representative?

"I just want everyone here to know, that I'm going to win." And with that, he walked away. Everyone started yelling at him and screaming. Kirishima just sighed and facepalmed.

"Okay everyone, I'm Midnight, a teacher here at UA and a pro-hero. Today I will be your host." As much as I hate to admit it, she is a good show host. Although, maybe not for a high school. I rolled my eyes at the boys drooling over her outfit.

"To determine your first challenge, I'm gonna spin a wheel!!" As she finished talking, a giant wheel came out of the ground beside her. She grabbed the wheel and started a countdown.

"Three! Two! One!" And then she pulled the wheel. It spun and spun until slowing to a stop on the obstacle course.

I zoned out as she explained the rules. All I got was to get to the goal as fast as possible and we can use our quirks.

Everyone rushes to the starting line. I tried to stick with Mina or Denki but got shoved away by the crowd.

"On your marks! Get set! GO!!"

A/n~ Sorry if it isn't the best. And sorry I haven't posted in a while. My life has been pretty hectic and I kinda rushed this to get something out. Thank you all for your support and all of the love.