XXII.

Cynsir did a little dance in excitement

Cynsir did a little dance in excitement. She hadn't gotten her hair done in a couple of months and she felt like now was the perfect time to pop out with a new style.

The prison stylist took pride in her work. The women didn't pay with money, but instead with other goods from the commissary. Most of them would just give her more hair products to help with restock so she could continue to work her magic in the prison.

Cynsir eyed the soft flowing curls of her hair in awe. The curls bounced with just the slightest movement of her head. Her hair hadn't looked this good since she got locked up. It felt good to be able to do something for herself for once.

"Ooh, you did your thing Monique!" She admired herself a bit more in the mirror then turned around with a smile.

Monique chuckled as she began to sweep up the clipped hair that littered the floor. She made sure to clean her work area and sanitize her equipment after every appointment.

Cynsir didn't have to worry about giving her payment because the hairstylist collected it before she started her appointment. They were in prison so she didn't even take the chance of waiting until after she finished their hair.  Cynsir waved her goodbye and began to make her way back to her own compound.

She was excited and nervous all mixed up into one big energized ball of emotion. A few inmates complimented her on her hair as she walked through the halls which boosted her confidence even more. She looked good and she was finally going to show Martine that she could be so much more than just a helping hand in her crew.

Cynsir pictured them together. Laughing and holding hands with each other. She wondered how Teeny's lips would feel once they finally got to kiss. They were always moisturized so she just knew they were soft. She couldn't help but to lightly touch her own lips with a small smile.

Today was the day.

When she finally made it back to her cell block, her brown eyes immediately scanned the area for any sign of Martine. Her heart was racing.

"Cynsir, is that you?"

Bleu suddenly stepped into her line of vision with an impressed grin. None of the women in the crew focused too much on their looks. There was no point when it might get messed up in a brawl anyway. So she was surprised to see the soft bouncy curls in Cynsir's head. Though, not in a bad way. "Wow, you look great!"

A few of the other inmates that were lounging around the cell block heard the commotion and came to see for themselves. Everyone showered Cynsir with compliments about how nice her hair looked. She could tell that a couple of the women were envious but she couldn't care less.

Cynsir pulled Bleu away from the rest of the group who dispersed when they realized their presence was no longer wanted. "Hey, do you know where Martine is? I gotta talk to her about something."