XVIII.

Aike this

Aike this. Some of his neighbors even started to ccg  ucome outside wondering what all the commotion was about but she didn't care in the slightest.

Her own boyfriend hadn't been answering her calls or texts for the last two days and now, he wasn't even answering his door for her. They had never gone a day without speaking the entire time they had been dating so she wasn't sure what his problem was. She figured what better way to get answers than face to face? She would be able to read him better that way.

She swiftly turned around like a crazy woman and zeroed in at all of his nosey neighbors. "And what the fuck are y'all looking at? Mind your damn business!" She yelled out in frustration causing a few people to go back inside, but a couple of them still looked on to watch the drama unfold. The houses in the neighborhood weren't spread too far apart so even if they did go inside, they'd probably still be able to hear her anyway. Just not as clearly.

Chantell heard the door open from behind her and quickly turned back around with rage present in her eyes as she glared at De'Angelo. His hooded eyes seemed puffier than normal like he had just woken up and the bags around them suggested he hadn't been getting much sleep. Had he not been ignoring her, she would actually be concerned about all that right now.

She bumped her shoulder directly into his chest as she barged passed him causing him to stumble back a bit. She slammed the door closed, not wanting to cause a scene in front of his nosey ass neighbors.

De'Angelo was honestly too tired to argue with her. It was why he wasn't trying to come to the door but once he heard her start to yell at other people, he knew he had to do something. His mother had lived in this house for majority of her adult life and never caused any problems in the neighborhood so he wouldn't be the one to start. He thought if he ignored it, she'd go away but she was persistent.

"What do you need, Chantell?"

His girlfriend scrunched up her face as if he had just told her that her dog died. "What do I need? What is this—are we formal with each other now? I need an explanation as to why you're acting as if we're not together." She spat. Her face suddenly lit up. "I just know you don't have another bitch in here. Where is she?"

Chantell began to stomp up the steps and towards his room but De'Angelo quickly followed after her. He grabbed her by the arm as she was halfway up the steps and turned her back around to face him. He wasn't sure if she had lost her mind or not but he wasn't about to do this with her.

"Girl, ain't nobody in my fucking house. I just needed space. I got a lot on my plate right now."

"Well, De'Angelo, that's what your girlfriend is supposed to be there to help you with. You can't just keep shutting me out every time something happens. We haven't talked in two days!" She held up two of her fingers to emphasize how long it had been. It was like he didn't understand that doing that basically meant their relationship was over.