On the first day they had arrived at Li Zhun's residence, they could sense a barely discernible amount of demonic qi covering the entirety of Jingyang Slope.

The demonic qi was so faint and permeated everywhere, even inside rooms, that it was very difficult to make out the source of it.

Liu Fuyi had asked back then, "Do you all think... Li Zhun and Madam Shi are suspicious?"

Mu Yao paused for a moment. She replied in a rather unsure manner, "I saw that there was a smidgen of black on the skin below his eyes. His vital energies were also lacking, as if something had been sucking away his Yang qi. I'm not certain though..."

Miaomiao guessed her connotation: "Li Zhun's vital energies were sucked away, doesn't that mean Madam Shi is the problem?"

Mu Yao shook her head, "The demonic qi on Madam Shi is very faint —- In all honesty, each and every person here has, more or less, the same amount of demon qi on them. From what I can see, it's either: There's a greater demon hiding here amongst the people, purposely restricting their own demonic qi. Or because there have been countless bodies buried, thus attracting all kinds of lesser demons to this place."

Liu Fuyi nodded. His face didn't relax in the slightest, "If it's the former, this greater demon is definitely much stronger than we might've estimated."

"If it really is Madam Shi, what could she be?" Mu Yao subconsciously tapped her fingers on the table. "An intelligent and beguiling... fox? A painted skin demon? Or..."

Her throat caught for a moment, as if she had stumbled into something, then finished her statement, "Or is it 'her'?"

Suddenly, the fragrance of food wafted into her nose and something was shortly pushed against her lips. Miaomiao subconsciously opened her mouth and bit down into the fried shrimp.

Her train of thought was immediately broken. Her gaze stiffly moved over and noticed a pair of watery black pupils staring at her, in extreme proximity.

Mu Sheng used the chopsticks in his hand and pushed the shrimp in. Only after doing so did he turn back around and ask in a voice only she could hear, "Why do you keep staring at me without eating?"

"Oh..... Seeing you eat made the food seem extremely tasty, I... I'm looking for the desire to eat." Ling Miaomiao chewed without tasting the shrimp at all. She was trying her hardest to appear calm and collected, in addition to trying to recall just what in the world happened just now. Even her palms exuded a fine film of cold sweat in doing so.

The black lotus had personally fed her.

........................................................ What kind of weird scene was this!?!?!?!?

Mu Sheng originally was paying close attention to Madam Shi but out of the corner of his eye, he saw a pair of apricot eyes staring at him blankly. After noticing her, he could no longer concentrate again.

It was clear she was on a mental journey going through distant horizons. Even after he turned her way and pulled extremely close to her face, she didn't react at all. Each and every hair of her lashes was clearly discernible. Her lips were slightly parted, lending to the somewhat foolishness she was currently exuding.

At first, he felt like he couldn't stare any longer but his hand moved like a bolt of lightning, he couldn't control it. He stuffed a fried shrimp into her soft and tender lips.

The instant he did so, she didn't seem to feel like it was inappropriate or anything. She acted just like a small pet being fed food, quietly holding the shrimp in her mouth as she turned, obediently eating it all. However, his heart beat like mad, making him feel like he had gotten infected by some disease.