A fit of giggles erupted from beside them.
Miaomiao turned around to look and saw Mu Yao, Liu Fuyi and Madam Shi all laughing while watching them.

It was like they were watching two kids fighting in the mud, trying their very best to entertain the adults watching them outside.

Mu Sheng's watery black irises drifted over to her and then stared at the pear. He pursed his lips, probably angry again.

"You're really amazing, you can even carve pears." Ling Miaomiao squinted at his expression, smiling in a compromising way. She crunched down on the pear a few times, causing the juices to burst out. She couldn't help but exclaim, "So sweet!"

She habitually licked her lips, causing her lips to glisten brightly. Mu Sheng stared for a moment before turning around to look outside the window.

Madam Shi laughed without restraint, passing a handkerchief over. She was just like a warm and intimate big sister from next door, her eyes filled with loving care, "There are still persimmons, we planted them ourselves and they're also very sweet."

Li Zhun sat in the seat of honor, with both hands cupping his face, just like a child. He stared, engrossed with Madam Shi's round face and her smiling face, to the point that he completely ignored his guests.

Liu Fuyi and Mu Yao could both see a deep-seated love within his eyes, and both of them turned to look at each other in a flabbergasted manner.

That's right. Li Zhun's love towards his wife was so great even outsiders could see it in a single glance. Wherever he went, he had to bring Madam Shi along with. If the two of them weren't linked hands together, they were at least shoulder to shoulder. No matter how many countless times they crossed the door frame together, he would have to hold his wife's arm and exhort, "Slowly, be careful."

From beginning to the end, the gaze with which he used to stare at her was akin to the passionate first love a youngster would have. It was filled with curiosity and an endless amount of longing.

Li Zhun was a promising merchant and hence, was naturally very wealthy. He was also born free and outstanding. However, he didn't have a single mistress outside, all his love was lavished onto pampering Madam Shi. This Madam Shi person wasn't really any sort of gifted or amazing character. Even her appearance was slightly strange. In comparison, any of the servant girls here were more pleasing to the eye than her...

When Mu Yao and Liu Fuyi glanced at one another, their eyes also conveyed a great sense of doubt and countless conjectures floated through their minds.

"Brother Li, might I ask when you moved over to Jingyang Slope?" Liu Fuyi sipped his tea and interrupted Li Zhun's intense gaze.

"Oh, Brother Liu. You don't need to be so courteous." Li Zhun returned to his senses and smiled slightly, "Four years ago, my daughter was deeply sick and I nearly had to sell off my entire house in order to return her to health, fortunately, I met Madam Shi.

In the end, they still managed to return the topic to Madam Shi. Li Zhun was starry-eyed, twinkling bright as they shone with warmth while watching her. "Not only is she a brilliant doctor at healing my daughter's illness, she also suggested we move here in order to help my daughter recuperate. The next spring that came around, we moved here."

The main leads all fell into a moment of silence.

Mu Yao's complexion became complex, "I really can't see it at all. Madam, you're also a doctor?"

Although the scenery and air at Jingyang Slope was admittedly very wonderful, this was also once a place where a plague had broken out at. Thousands of people had died and the village had been abandoned long ago. Villagers outside could sometimes hear the wind sounding like the language of devils. The yin aura here had been extremely dense here, and even those out foraging for firewood would habitually avoid this place.