"Peiyun..." Someone was calling her from behind. The voice had an ethereal quality to it, as if fairies were singing. The voice entered her ears suddenly and turned her scalp numb.

She jerked her head around to look behind her. The climbing wall roses outside of Fenyang Palace quivered. The delicate scarlet flowers swayed under the sunlight as if asking her to dance with them.

"Peiyun..."

Her name was called once again.

In this rare bit of fine weather during the autumn, the sun was shining. The cotton roses which lined their path had bloomed into a spread of pink clouds.

A breeze blew, shaking the branches and creating a dreamy scene of flowers dancing in descent. Its refreshing floral fragrance wafted through the air.

Liu Fuyi and Mu Yao walked side by side on the road, unconsciously slowing their steps.

The two were very close to each other. It did not look like they were hurrying to their next destination but more like they were taking a walk to wherever their feet took them.

A while later, Liu Fuyi's hand silently reached into the chilly cuffs which hung close to him and held a small, cold hand.

He was so nervous he started feeling anxious. Cold sweat had appeared on both of their palms. Surprised, Mu Yao began laughing soon after.

They continued walking, their hands tightly enclasped the whole way through.

Ling Miaomiao was walking behind them. Her apricot eyes widened as she saw the couple get closer and closer, eventually holding hands under a flower filled sky. A burst of excitement swept away the tiredness from the long trip and being constantly on the move.

She subconsciously looked back at Mu Sheng. She was surprised to find he was staring at the road, lost in thought, and had completely missed out on this wonderful scene.

...Such an important opportunity of love was blooming, but the black lotus was distracted?

In the past, this guy's eyes would always remain on Mu Yao and he would often throw resentful and jealous looks his way. She had gotten used to this behavior long ago. And this was why she felt that these past few days had been extremely unusual. The black lotus would look at flowers, grass, and birds they encountered on the road. But, he wouldn't look at the one who his life had revolved around up until now.

She couldn't help herself and jabbed at him with her elbow. She then pointed at the couple. "Hey, hurry and look at your sister."

Mu Sheng followed her finger to where she was pointing at only to encounter a sight which stirred his anger. But he couldn't figure out the root of his anger which had flared up. Was it because his sister and Liu Fuyi were being intimate as if nothing could come between them? Or was it the mood of the person next to him, whose smile seemed to be filled with schadenfreude...

The two of them were both frustrated. But look at this idiot. What in the world was she happy about?

He looked back, his cold gaze landing on her. The moment his eyes met her large apricot eyes, she became startled and as if she had suddenly realized the situation, she wiped the smile from her face and ducked her head to look at her hands.

The girl's delicate brows wrinkled, and her eyes flashed. She sighed, her envy and frustration all contained in that one sigh. "Brother Liu is holding Sister Mu's hand... I've never held Brother Liu's hand."

The Demon Restraining Circlet hung on a fair wrist. It had automatically shrunk to fit her wrist and swayed in the wind, like a small exquisite silver bracelet. In Jiangnan, Chuitiao's youngest daughter loved wearing silver bracelets on both wrists, most of them had bells hung on them which would ring in the wind.