Liu Fuyi followed her out of the hall, "Are you also one of his followers?"

The small demon turned around, the dark orbs above cheeks focusing on him, "Mother said that I was born on the same year, month and day as the princess. It was a great fortune and because I have great fortune Dowager Consort Zhao chose me, letting me take the princess's place as goddess.

Liu Fuyi felt his heart grow stiff.

Duanyang was innocent. However, what did this little girl, burned at the stake in Duanyang's place, do to deserve such a thing?

He warmly held onto her small palm, "Does it hurt?"

The small spirit shrunk for a moment, as if she had become afraid. She lowered her head to think for a while before answering in a tone full of dread, "Brother, I'm helping you lead the way... because I have a condition."

Liu Fuyi was startled but immediately asked, "What do you want?"

"You can leave the temple so can you tell my mother? She didn't lose her embroidery needle, I hid it. I hid it under the mattress, because she always burnt the midnight oil to do embroidery. No matter how many times father told her, she wouldn't listen. The day I left, she was still looking for it."

Liu Fuyi didn't expect such a reply. He nodded, after returning to his senses, "...Sure. I'll help you tell your mother. If you have anything else to say, I'll also tell them all to her."

The little spirit thought about it and then smiled at him, "Tell my mother that I've become a goddess. I live in the most perfect house in heaven, sleep on the softest bed and have a maid to help sweep the courtyard."

Liu Fuyi was dumbstruck for a long time before finally nodding at her.

With the farce and scandal that happened back then, Dowager Consort Zhao would naturally clean up all the loose ends. Ten years had passed, people had changed but things were still the same. Even the seas could have turned into mulberry fields in time.

The girl stopped and pointed at somewhere far away.

Before them was an extremely tall shelf. There was a girl adorned in layers of golden ornaments tied up at the top of it. She was only in undergarments and a short, embroidered skirt. Her pale, white wrists and thighs were exposed to the air. Her long hair was scattered all over. She suddenly looked out, almost like a flirtatious Yab-Yum becoming reality.

Mu Yao was a very prideful person. As she had been captured and hung up like this for everyone to see, it was hard to imagine how wronged she felt.

Liu Fuyi looked back at the small spirit, "I won't capture you. Turn yourself into the underworld of your own accord, understood?"

The little girl tilted her head and looked at Liu Fuyi. She rapped her fingers against the wooden pagoda in his hand in curiosity, "Master Tao Ying is inside?"

Liu Fuyi somewhat panicked as he put the pagoda back into his sleeves, "His injustices will naturally have someone to help deal with. However, he has also committed wrongs so he has to pay the price. My Demon Restraining Pagoda only takes the guilty who deserve it."

He stuck a Guiding Talisman onto the back of the little girl that didn't quite understand what was going on. He watched the talisman working on her as she left. He sighed then leaped up the shelf.

Mu Yao was unconscious. The corner of her lips were stained with half-dried blood.

He untied the rope and wrapped his arm around her waist. They flitted down to the ground and his heart burned with anxiety, "Yao'er? Yao'er?"