12: "Letter"

{Beverly}

{Beverly}

Tw: body shaming, degrading.

(I'm sorry to anyone going through any of these, you're absolutely beautiful in my eyes. The most precious piece of art. I love you all<3)

My anxiety was at its peak, I was vigorously fiddling with my fingers , I couldn't control how my legs were shaking and tears were brimming my eyes. Calm down Clover, you're a big girl. Cal-

"Good morning class" That voice, the same voice which used to degrade me in every way possible, the same voice which haunts me till date.

"You'll never be enough Beverly" he took his ruler and hit me . Five hits. That's what I got for stuttering while answering.

Mr. Nelson, used to be my home tutor. I was home schooled almost all my life and he was always there to make me feel worse about myself than I already did.

"You're pathetic. Absolutely disgusting. Nobody is going to like you if you keep on stuttering. Stop fiddling, what are you? A 2 year old?" He yelled at me and tugged my hair so hard that my head hurt the whole night.

Someone shook my shoulder, I turn to the person , Jan looked at me . He looked worried, he cared.

"You okay? Do you want to leave?" He whispered in my ear as he rubbed my shaking legs.

I always cause trouble.

"Th-thankyou j-Jan but I'm fine" I try to calm myself down but he doesn't seem convinced. He kept on rubbing my back as I fist my clothes and close my eyes to avoid all the voices. Specially his.

"I'm your new psychology teacher. My name is Jacob Nelson , but I prefer Mr. Nelson. Now, I would like you all to introduce yourselves. We'll start with you" he points at a random person sitting in the third row to the right.

"I'm Emanuel" Mr. Nelson urged him to go on but Mr. Emanuel just rolled his eyes and sat back down. He's so epic. Can we be besties?

After a few names , he suddenly makes eye-contact with me and smirks. Mr. Nelson knew my weakness, he always made fun of me that way. He crossed his arms infront of his chest and pointed at me.

Shoot.

"You! Yes you, the fat one. Introduce yourself" I sigh and get up with my shaky legs. Calm do-
Suddenly, Jan and Bridget get up from their seats.