3: "Simba "

{Beverly}

{Beverly}

My heart was beating at such a fast rate, I had absolutely no idea why I chose to do this. My footsteps were light, I winced everytime I made a noise.

"What are you doing?" I shut my eyes in disappointment. My breathing was heavy, just like his voice. His voice was hoarse and deep.

"H-hello Mr. Petrov. Didn't see you there buddy" I wave awkwardly at him. He narrows his eyes at me. He looks at me with a questioning look.

"I asked you a question, clover." He says , I quickly hide the bowl behind my back and refuse to answer. Mr. Petrov starts walking towards me. His footsteps were heavy and I prayed that he didn't find the bowl I was trying to hide.

"Clover" he warns and I lower my head.

And just as I was about to turn, warm calloused hands wrap around my throat and tilt my head upwards. Mr. Petrov looks at me with a calculating gaze.

"Be a good girl and answer me" I gulp down my saliva and bring my bowl forward. He looks down at it with a confused look.

"You're hungry?" He asked. I shake my head, immediately.

"It's not f-for me. It's for Simba. He's a cute lil dog. He lives a few blocks down our home. It's a cold day and I-I just wanted to make sure he's not hungry or cold" I explain, Mr. Petrov's hand was now on my cheek, caressing the soft skin with him calloused hands.

"At 2 am" I mumble a small 'yes'. His face softens and he grabs my hand pulling me along .

"Where are you taking me?" I ask softly not wanting to anger him.

"To Simon" he says nonchalantly.

I frown and correct him. "It's Simba"

He says something like 'as if I care' to himself. Mr. Petrov drapes his suit jacket around my shoulder as he walks with me.

"Simba" I call out as I reach the bench. A few minutes later, little Simba comes wiggling his tail. I sit down with him on my lap. He jumps around and Wiggles his tail in approval.

"I'm sorry I couldn't come earlier" I apologise as I stroke his ears. He doesn't seem to mind as He rushes towards his food and dig in.

I giggle watching him eat and as I turn my gaze, I find Mr. Petrov standing near a pole leaning against it. He had his arms crossed and his veins were popping under the radiance of the streetlight.