Determined Puppy

(Yes, yes I do simp for Nanase.)

___

Hotkouji Sexytaka POV 😏😩🥵🥵🥵

Walking through the corridors of the school was silent, lonely and seemingly quite sad. To me this didn't matter.

But right now, after spending time with Hiyori, I just feel as if a burden was lifted upon me. Of course, I can't explain this feeling, as much as I am good at knowing what others feel, I am totally clueless of my own self.

That much I have learned when spending time with her. "A thing that only she can see, huh?" I repeated her words on that day with a contemplative face. Snapping out of my trance I continued to walk.

That was until I spotted a certain blonde puppy out of nowhere seemingly running away from someone. I looked at her for a bit, suddenly I heard a familiar laugh out of nowhere.

Taking pity on her, I grabbed her hand and entered and empty room dragging her in. "Woa-!" While getting dragged in, her other feet collided with her other feet making her lose her balance slowly falling to the floor.

That was until I dashed over and grabbed her body with my arm, the sudden action made out faces a bit closer than a bit comfortable. 

"S-Senpai!?" She asked, bewildered by the sequence of things that are happening right now. With a blushing face she averted her eyes away from me. 

Letting go of her body, slowly I stared at her red face for a few moments. "What's wrong are you sick?"

"N-no!" She exclaimed while extending her hands opening her palms. She then took a deep breath composing herself while looking at my eyes. There again, that eyes, now all I can do is wonder what did she see on me what I couldn't see.

"Thanks for saving me, senpai." Nanase said while smiling a bit. But then suddenly her eyes widened out of nowhere, she suddenly wore a grim expression which made me confused.

Was there something wrong about me? No, there's something she must have known about me. Taking a step closer, suddenly closing the distance between her and me. 

Nanase surprised by this suddenly took a step back with sweat suddenly running down the side of her forehead. But before I could speak I suddenly saw fear in her eyes. With a bit of hesitation I only retracted my hand that was about to grab her.

"..." I didn't say anything, only turning around. I knew better than anyone that I would have continued that action so why didn't I? To be honest, I don't know myself.

Was I being soft now? As a matter of fact, I only see people as tools, that's how it should be, right? Right now, I don't even know what's going on right now, I'm too... horrible at this. 

"Senpai... Would you mind... umm accompanying me a bit. There's just someone chasing me, and I really don't want to deal with her right now." Nanase asked a bit shyly while averting her eyes away.

I didn't see any reason to refuse so I simply- ... ? I only looked at the ground with a confused expression on my face. I didn't see any reason to refuse, nor to accept, right? So why was about to accept? In the first place, why did I take pity on her when she was running away?

The thoughts running on my head was slowly frying out my brains. I only sighed before looking back at her. "Sure, I'll sneak you in my dorm." 

"Wha-!? T-that's not what I meant! I simply meant just walking me back to my dorm, or something." Nanase had a bewildered expression on her face, while her face was red.

"But wouldn't be a safer option to go in another dorm when someone is chasing you, for who knows that person can barge in, unless it's a guy." I said calmly while she thought about it.