𝗧𝗲𝘅𝗮𝘀 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗱

"How the hell does a kid end up getting stuck in a grain silo. 50 feet above the ground?" TK asked us. "It's called walking the grain. People go up into the silo and they stomp around on all the corn cause it's a cheap way to dislodge it from the drain" Judd answered.

"Sounds like you've run a few of these, Judd" Dad said "Yeah, we lose a few people a year to them down here. You get that much grain together, it's like quicksand" Judd said.

"So if he's already up to his chest, how long do we have to get him out?" Dad asked. "Ten minutes at the most but that depends on the air pocket but you also can't pull him out too fast or you'll just rip him in half" Judd said.

"but it's corn" TK said. "Yeah it's corn. It weighs 1,200 pounds per cubic yard- It's like having four refrigerators on top of every part of your body" Judd said as I cut him off.

"Correct" Judd said as he gave me a high five. "All right, here's the deal. When we get there. TK and Y/n, you'll be up there with Judd. Judd's gonna run the call, all right? You do what he says when he says it" Dad said.

"Copy that" Me and TK both said.

We got out of the truck, me and TK got harnessed. "All right, let's raise the aerial! Everybody with high-angle training goes up! Get this kid outta here!" Dad shouted as me and TK were waiting for the ladder to go up.

"All right! Listen up ya'll! This is what we're gonna do! You get in there, you put your platform down! You stay put! One false step could cause an air pocket!" Judd spoke in the radio.

"Nobody's feet touch the corn!" Judd shouted. "Copy that" Me and TK spoke.

"Let's go lil sis" TK said as we climbed up into the silo. "Okay big bro" I said. "Be careful Y/n!" Dad shouted. "Always Cap!" I shouted back.

"I got eyes on him Cap" Judd said. "Hey! Try to stay relaxed, okay? Stay calm. Don't struggle. We're gonna get you out of there" Judd said to the kid.

"Remember nobody step on the corn" Judd said. "Hey pass more of these down!" Judd said as more platforms came his way. I climbed into the silo and onto the platform. "Please hurry!" The kid whined.

"Hang in kid. We're gonna get you out of this" Judd said as he moved over. "Got it, got hands on. Y/n" Paul said as he gave me this metal thing. "Hey, give me that horse collar" Judd asked.

"Put that down" I said as I grabbed the horse collar and gave it to Judd. "Harness flying in" Paul said. "Right here, good man" Judd said.

"Tighten that right now!" Judd said as TK finally got here. "Hold that one right there" Judd said. "All right" TK said.

"Got another coming in, putting it behind you" TK said.

"Check your elbows kid. Good, good" I said. "We're gonna get these around you to form a seal and then suck out the corn to relieve the pressure" Judd said.

"Y/n you're up" Judd said. "You make sure, you don't let him fall" Judd said. Jesus I know what I'm doing. "I got it, I got it!" I said.

"Come on" I said as I dug the metal thing in deep.

"Hey!" I surprisingly said everything worked out fine. "Talk to me" Dad asked over the radio. "Making progress, Cap. Stand by" Judd said.

Everything was going just fine... when my line snapped.

"Whoa! Whoa!" Everyone shouted. "Oh shit!" I shouted as I fell in the corn. "What was that?" The kid asked.

"Whoa, whoa! Shit shit shit! Oh my god. Okay, okay!" I was panicking. "Hey. hey! Whoa!" Judd said as he stopped the machine. "My line snapped" I said as I was sinking slowly.