CHAPTER ~20

[One way or another ~ until the ribbon breaks

[One way or another ~ until the ribbon breaks. Play this song when you read taehyung and yn’s part.]

After she finished, the man held her waist and rasped, “It’s my birthday. Are you taking me to just a meal?”

Yvonne was tickled from his hot breath. Her skin tingled, so she pushed him twice.

“Don’t do that. It tickles…”

The driver was still driving in front, so it was not right for them to do this in the backseat. Even so, Lucas did not let go. Instead, he tightened his hold on her.

“That won’t do. At least show me your sincerity.”

“How much more sincerity do you want?” Yvonne was a little annoyed. While they were facing each other nose-to-nose, Lucas reached over and pressed something on the side. Then, the privacy divider in the car rose. The luxury car had a very spacious interior. After the divider was raised, the back seat was converted into a well insulated private space. No matter what they did, the people in front would not hear it.

Yvonne finally realized what Lucas wanted to do. She flushed shyly. “Why are you so passionate today?”

“Since you don’t have a present for me, I’ll get it myself.” Lucas looked straight at her. He always had a cool look about him. As a doctor, he wore a white coat all the time and looked very neat. Sometimes, the occasional faint scent of disinfectant on him made Yvonne especially mesmerized. He rarely lost his composure except for his passionate time with her. However, he had never been so bold either.

Yvonne soon forgot about ella. The car did indeed have good sound insulation, but it did not block vibrations.

Yvonne blushed, then she hurriedly reached out and hugged the man’s neck. “We’re almost home. Hurry up…”.

Lucas breathed softly in her ear, then pressed his lips against her ear again. “I can’t hurry with this…”

Unlike the atmosphere between Yvonne and Lucas, it was different here. The air around Taehyung was almost freezing. Ella did not say a word to him and walked forward on her own.After getting in the car, she did not want to talk to him either.

Taehyung looked at her in the rearview mirror and drove. “You can’t
stand to be seen with me?”

Yn took a deep breath and suddenly covered her face with her hands as tears streamed down her cheeks uncontrollably.

She was strong enough to endure everything before. She did not know when she had become so strong, but she felt she could bear anything as long as she could get away from this man.

However, caught off guard by Yvonne’s surprised and somewhat disappointed eyes, she had lost all her strength.

“In the eyes of others, I’m just a shameless homewrecker.”Ella was clearly crying, but there was a hint of sarcasm in her crying tone. “I consider her my best friend, but I’m such a disappointment in her eyes.”