Chapter 3: The Knight With One Blue Eye

"Kawaki!" I yelled from on top of a rock, "What's gotten into you?!"

I looked at Kawaki and Boruto as it looked as though they were fighting one another, their karmas activated.

"I'm just saying this once. If you don't wanna die..." Kawaki spoke coldly, "don't butt in."

My face saddened as I realized he was serious. What was going on?

"Are you serious?" I spoke urgently not wanting to believe that Kawaki would want to hurt his brother, Boruto.

My eyes then wandered over to Boruto who was on the ground. He was definitely caught off guard by Kawaki as well.

"Run Sarada!" Boruto yelled out to me, "He ain't gonna listen to anything you say! He really will kill you!"

What. But we were friends. Why would Kawaki do this? I began to step back in surprise as I saw a sinister look in Kawaki's eyes. It almost scared me. Suddenly, my feet began to move on their own. But not away from Kawaki but towards Boruto. I had to protect him. I had to be by his side. Landing on the ground in front of Boruto, I felt a sense of confidence and determination engulf me. I wasn't going to run or stand by and let my friend die. Boruto die. He was too important to me.

"Sarada!" Boruto yelled at me but I blocked out his pleas.

Looking into Kawaki's cold gray eyes, I gave him a glare as I made my position known to him. I wasn't going anywhere.

"All the more reason to stay!" I stood tall defending Boruto, "as a shinobi who aims to be Hokage!"

Drawing my kunai, I held it in a defensive position. I didn't know what to expect next but I knew I had to protect my friends.

Suddenly, Kawaki began to walk towards me activating his ninja tool, his blood harding into a sword that connected up to his elbow.

"Shinobi...Hokage.." Kawaki spoke coldly, drawing up his weapon, "You shinobi really are...destined to die early."

I stood frozen, as his weapon aimed for my face. I was ready to die for Boruto. As the sword drew close, I saw my life flash before my eyes. Suddenly, I felt arms circle around me as it pushed me away from the blade and towards the ground. The smell of the blood filled the air.

Crashing against the ground, I looked to see Boruto was on top of me with his face buried into my shoulder. I felt no pain so where...

"Boruto..." I croaked until my heart sank at the sight of his eye.

As he struggled to get up to his hands and knees, I noticed a scar of blood stretching from my father's headbands down to his cheeks. Blood dripped from the wound. I felt my body shake as my hand struggled to keep me upright.

"Boruto!" I whimpered, "Your eye...!"

He winced in pain as he clenched his right eye. I felt my chest sink in to see that he had lost one of his blue eyes.

"I'm fine! Just run!" I yelled breaking me out of a trance, "He ain't messing around!"

Blocking out my surroundings, I watched Boruto wince more strongly in pain as he almost collapsed into my lap. I couldn't even think or consider running. My only concern was him.

"But! Boruto!" I spoke urgently as I grabbed to support him on his shoulder.

Suddenly, in the corner of my eye I saw Kawaki approach us. I looked up at him horrified to see what he had become and what he had done to his own brother.

"Move aside, Sarada," Kawaki spoke maliciously, "or are you still feeling the need to interfere?"

Feeling immense fear, I stood frozen in place as I gripped Boruto's clothing tightly at my side.