039 :: HOTCHNER BROTHERS.

Start from the beginning

"I'm writing my graduation speech. A rough draft, at least." Jennie told her, "It's due on Monday, so I actually need to spend my Saturday night doing it."

"You sure you don't wanna go out tonight?"

"I'm sure."

"Okay...well, I'm gonna meet some of my friends at that one club I was talking about. The Edinburgh?" Rachel began to walk towards their apartment's front door, "If you change your mind, I can sneak you in."

"Thanks, Rach— but it's okay." Jennie shook her head, "Even if I wanted to break the law, and drink, tonight wouldn't be the night. My dad's visiting town with my brother, and he's always on my tail. Especially, now that I'm closer to becoming an agent. I remember one time in high school, I got harangued because he caught me using a calculator."

"Damn...but, the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree though, huh? I've never seen someone so adamant on the use of coasters before I met you." Rachel teased, causing Jennie to chuckle a bit, but also have shivers sent down her spine at the thought of the disuse of coasters, "Wait, so why isn't your dad and brother staying with you? Are they staying in a hotel?"

Jennie shook her head, "They're spending the night at my dad's girlfriend's place tonight. They're gonna come over here tomorrow morning, though, and we're gonna go sightseeing."

"You already made the itinerary?" Rachel guessed, with a raised eyebrow, "How many pages?"

"Three."

"Front and back?"

"You know it." Jennie grinned.

"Well, I hope you guys have fun." Rachel told the girl, smiling, "I'm gonna head out. Catching a cab past nine on a Saturday is hell, so I gotta go."

"Okay, I'll see you later." Jennie waved goodbye at her roommate, "Let me know if you need a ride home."

Rachel nodded, speaking once more, before leaving the apartment.

"Will do."

Jennie watched as her roommate left, a small smile on her face, before sighing as she brought her eyes back to the index cards in front of her.

And in just a few brisk moments, her pen hit the paper again.

"Good evening friends, faculty, family, and the fellow graduates of Columbia' University's graduating class of 2013..."

"Aaron, uh, thank God. I think I'm mixed up in something. I need your help."

"What happened?"

"This girl, she died right in my arms. I need to see you."

"Sean, if you're a witness to something, you need to stay put. I'm in Manhattan, I'll come to you."

"What, you're here? Since when?"

"Where are you?"

"Club called the Edinburgh. 8th and 54th."

"Alright, I'm on my way. I'll text you when I'm close."

        "I AM GRATEFUL to be standing here today, looking down upon my fellow graduates faces..." Jennie began to write on her index card, immediately crossing it out before muttering criticism towards herself, "Looking down upon? Who are they? My loyal subjects?"