CHAPTER 2 : NOT WHAT IT SEEMS.

"Go get Gaius."

"What do you think happened this time?"

Faint voices reached Merlin's ears; he was unable to place the voices. The painful throbbing of his head prevented him from identifying them clearly.

He suppressed a groan of pain, as he lifted his hand to check the back of his head for any injuries caused by the impact. He found none. His back protested once he attempted to move off of the ground. The encounter with Morgana played before his eyes, making his heart skip a beat.

"Merlin, are you alright?" A voice he recognized very well, spoke next to him. He turned his head, following the sound, until Sir Leon came into his line of vision.

"Morgana..." He uttered with difficulty, head still aching. He had to warn him, the whole castle needed to know that Morgana was still alive.

"She..." He stopped speaking when Sir Leon nodded his head, as if acknowledging what Merlin wanted to say.

"You know?" Merlin inquired, scowling. 'So why is he still here, instead of arresting Morgana?'

The knight crouched with an outstretched hand, offering it to Merlin.

"She fainted," Leon glanced back. Even though Merlin couldn't see anything, he guessed Leon was looking at Morgana.

"We sent for Gaius. He'll be here shortly, don't panic," Leon explained, trying to reassure a very concerned Merlin that everything was under control. But Merlin didn't hear any of it; he cleared his throat, reaching out to take the knight's hand.

"Gaius? Why would you sent for him?" Bewildered, Merlin raised his eyebrow, "Don't send for Gaius." The warlock yelled getting to his feet. He whimpered quietly as pain struck him, as he tried to remain standing. When he accomplished that he huffed, straightening his back, until the pain ebbed away.

"Bring all of the knights of Camelot!" Merlin exclaimed, shoving Sir Leon away, once he trusted his legs to carry him.

"The Queen is in danger." He finally said, but his revelation was met with a look of utter confusion that washed over the knight's face. He didn't have time for that; there was precious little time to spare, and none of it could be wasted trying to convince Leon, he was telling the truth.

Merlin's eyes darkened, he would put an end to Morgana's threats. He turned away from the knight, ready to storm out of the room, yet he found himself unable to.

"Did Morgana receive a vision? Is this what happened here?"

Another voice, filled with worry and anxiety, spoke from behind the knight of Camelot. Merlin raised his head to look over Leon's shoulder. The two men stared at each other; no words passed between them for a moment.

Arthur's face showed the shock of Merlin's words, whilst the warlock was stunned to see Arthur, who was supposed to be dead, standing in front of him, carrying an unconscious Morgana in his arms.

Merlin's breath caught in his throat and whatever he was going to say, didn't leave his parted, trembling lips.

The room fell into a heavy and complete silence.

"Merlin..."Arthur finally said, "What do you mean Gwen is in danger? Who's going to hurt her?"

Arthur placed Morgana gently back on the bed, brushing a stray strand of hair from her face, before turning his attention back to Merlin.

The king's utterance brought Merlin back to reality, and he shook the fog that clouded his mind away.

"How is it possible?" Merlin whispered, ignoring the question, and taking a few steps closer to Arthur. The latter looked toward the remainder of the knights present in the chamber.