Chapter Nine

Ethan's POV

   I woke up to the smell of breakfast filling my lungs. I slid out of bed and walked downstairs to see Veronica dancing and cooking pancakes and bacon. I stood in the doorway. She turned to see me and kissed my lips.

   "Good morning" She said.

   "Morning" I greeted back.

   "I have to tell you something" She said as she made me a plate of food.

   I sat at the kitchen island and poured syrup on my pancakes. I cut them and took a bite and looked at her.

   "What?" I asked as I covered my mouth.

   "I had a job interview the other day and I got it!"

   "What! That's amazing, congratulations!"

   "Thank you! I'm so excited to get back on the working field"

   " I bet, you've been talking about it forever " I laughed.

   She smiled at me and got a plate to eat. She ate beside me before noticing the time.

   "You're gonna be late!"

   I looked at the time. It was Eight-thirty. I quickly got ready and drove to work. I walked into the office. Nancy was already sitting at her desk. She looked up at me and gave me a smile.

   I smiled back and walked into my office. I sat down in my chair and she walked in. She was wearing a low-cut blouse and a short pencil skirt.

   "How are you?" She asked.

   "I'm good" I said as I focused on my computer.

   "Do you have anything for me to do? I just finished filing the last batch"

   "Um, you can... Get me a coffee?" I asked.

   "Okay, got it boss"

   I looked up at her "I missed you" I whispered.

   "I missed you too. Can you drive me home tonight?" She asked.

   "I definitely can"

   "Great, I'll be back with your coffee. Do you need anything else before I go?" She smiled.

   "No thanks, the coffee will be fine"

   "Ok" She said before leaving.

   I smiled to myself and focused on my work. She left the office and I looked up at my workers. They were all staring at me. They fumbled back to their work before I stood up. I opened my door and stood against the frame.

   "You know, it'll be better for you guys to focus on your work than my conversation about coffee with my assistant" I said as I folded my arms.

   "Sorry sir" One of my workers, Lorenzo said.

   "Uh huh"

   "To be fair, sir, you're not wearing your ring anymore and you're spending alot of time with Ms. Ortiz" Sally said. Her bright yellow hair was up in a bun.

   I looked down at my hand "I'm not wearing my ring because it's getting cleaned and it's none of your business. I pay you hourly to keep this company running, not to be in my buisness and questioning my professionalism. I'm happily married and Ms.Ortiz is aware of that. The only relationship we have outside of working hours is the same relationship I have with Lorenzo" I raised my voice at her.

   " Mr. Dolan-" Lorenzo started.

   " Get back to work" I said before I turned back and walked into my office. I closed my blinds on my glass walls.