Serafall: 'You gotta be kidding me' - upon seeing the mage, it was like her womanly instincts just flared, when in proximity of this woman ever since the end of the factions meeting that they had.

Maid: I've brought them, Serafall-sama.

Ajuka: Sorry, Serafall, I had gone to your bakery before with Sirzechs and just had to go again. Your chefs are top of the line, kudos to you.

Merlin: Indeed, my compliments to the chef - taking a bit out of her slice of cake - and hello to you, would you like some? - greeting Lilith and offering some of her cake.

Merlin knew from the small interaction that she had seen of Lilith that the girl liked sweets, something Merlin herself enjoyed, especially, when she focused on something. It would be something that she could use to get close to the girl and understand her power, but for Issei, she needed to get close to his lover first.

Lilith looked at the cake slice, it was different from the one she had chosen, which was a traditional birthday cake. Merlin's was colored differently as it had blueberries in it, and the blueberry drizzle was something Lilith wanted to try, so she nodded her head and accepted. She had come to realize that it wasn't traditional cake, but a slice of blueberry cheesecake.

Merlin: It seems she's enjoying it - as she fed Lilith, which did make Serafall grimace a little.

Serafall: So why are you here? - looking at Ajuka, who was enjoying his own slice of cheesecake, a bit disappointed in how easily Lilith fell for sweets.

Ajuka: Ah, yes, Merlin-san had a proposal for you.

Serafall: And that would be? - now looking at the mage, who was now feeding Lilith the birthday cake.

Merlin: Well, let's just say I have taken an interest in possibly teaming up with you.

Serafall: What do you mean? - her eyes are narrowing at the mage.

Merlin: You see the other day I encountered the one who claims to be your rival.

FLASHBACK

Merlin and Arthur had reached Ajuka's castle, where the guards waited for them and instructed them to the Maou's office.

Ajuka: I see you were able to arrive - as his guests entered - thank you for coming.

When Arthur and Merlin entered, they met not only the Maou Beezlebub, but also a nun.

Merlin: A pleasure, so this is my escort to Heaven?

Ajuka: Yes, this is Griselda Quarta, she will be escorting you to Heaven.

Merlin: Quarta? Hmm, are you...

Griselda: Yes, I am the guardian of one of the girls that betrayed the Sekiryuutei.

Merlin: Guardian?

Griselda: Yes, I took her in, when she was young, I do not know of her birth parents.

Merlin: I see.

Arthur, meanwhile, was listening to someone contact him through a magic circle.

Arthur: It seems you cannot go back to the Pendragon castle, Merlin-san, it appears that Le Fay and Kuroka have returned from what Bikou has informed me, he has gone to see Sun Wukong.

Ajuka: It seems that your team has been divided.

Arthur: I'm afraid so, all thanks to the actions of our selfish former leader, if he wanted a fight with Hyoudou, he could have just asked for it, it's these underhanded tactics that I despise.

Merlin: Speaking of which, doesn't your ward carry the Excalibur, Griselda?

Griselda: Yes, she does, along with the holy sword, Durandal.