Part 3 - Costume Party

Jenna was on her way to a screening of Beau Is Afraid with some other associates.

You were designated to stay at the hotel, and to continue writing the script. You already had an ending, and a climax planned. Although, you were 40% into the story.

"Best of luck. Hope the film's good." You said to Jenna, waving her off as she headed out.

"It's a shame you can't come. Can't you?" Jenna asked.

"Ah, I'm fine. I mean, I like Joaquin Phoenix but I'm good. Need to work on the script." You said.

"Bye, (Y/N)." Jenna smiled softly at you, waved you goodbye as she slowly shut the door on her way out.

You waved her off with a two-finger salute.

Later, while writing the script in the dark. Right beside your bed, you wrote the script while right on the floor.

Eventually, you left your laptop on the bedside table.

As you once again looked back, a while ago. You plopped onto the bed. With the hotel room all gloomy and dark. Which you found solitude in. Maybe this was how you had such an interesting in dark settings, although you'd make sure they had quality stories. You weren't completely a fan of super dark things, but you could be accustomed to both the lighthearted and the dark-spirited.

Weeks Later.

You sat with Jenna at the backseat of her SUV which this time was being driven by Gile, one of her bodyguards.

The pair of you were on your way to a costume party.

You were dressed up as Batman in Batman Returns, and Jenna was dressed as Catwoman. Couple cosplay?
Although you two were friends, and this was all just for fun.

Jenna had her mask off, but you were already fully cowl'd as Batman, conversing with the body guard even

"So your name's Gile, right? Like in Shape of Water?" You asked Gile, leaning forward fully-suited as Batman.

Gile nodded. "I think so, Sir. I haven't watched that." He said.

"I see. He's a nice guy. Don't know what happens to him at the end, though. Haven't finished the fi-" You were then interrupted by Jenna, who hit your shoulder for attention.

"Ow!" You turned your neck and shoulders towards her, all in the style of Batman.

"Why don't you take that off? We're not even close yet." Jenna said.

"I'm setting the mood." You said.

Jenna raised a brow.

"Also, turning in this thing is really hard. So if you mind? Don't try to grab my attention like that agai-" You said.

"The neck part of that thing isn't even as hard or rubber-y as the actual screen-used batsuit. You had it modified, remember?" Jenna said.

"Uh, yeah." You turned away from her and back to the front.